• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Tracker95

I had Pilot first SWO second. SWO board came first, got accepted. Pilot board came next, was rejected. My recruiter told me if I wanted to try for pilot again I would have to formally reject the SWO acceptance in writing, and that it would be a guaranteed rejection at any future board for anything.
I also had NFO first and SWO second, got picked up for SWO first, wrote a letter declining SWO, then got picked up as NFO and accepted. So no problem with rejecting the SWO spot, recruiters actually suggested declining the spot if I wouldn’t be happy. I’m now in Pensacola

SBeaty

After doing some research I saw that the prt switched to cadence pushups and that the max is 60 now. But my recruiter sent me some stuff on the prt and it still shows that the max is still 87. Can anyone who has just done the pre OCS prt or graduated OCS confirm that cadence pushups are standard now? Thank you
Recent OCS grad here:
PRT is just ‘normal’ push-ups, plank, and 1.5 mile run. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD FORM is the best gouge I can offer lol

Creeping_Geep

I also had NFO first and SWO second, got picked up for SWO first, wrote a letter declining SWO, then got picked up as NFO and accepted. So no problem with rejecting the SWO spot, recruiters actually suggested declining the spot if I wouldn’t be happy. I’m now in Pensacola
I wonder if it is because NFO and SWO are different boards? I've had people I trust advise me not to decline an IWC spot if I get ProRec-Y'd for something other than Intel.

100water1

Perhaps not the correct thread to post this. But I was recently accepted to OCS and my recruiter told me I could ship in 30 days. I don't want to bug him too much, but can someone explain the process for this? I've seen online on Airwarriors that I need something called a FINSEL letter? I haven't gotten that yet. OR said he is working to get a faster ship date, but what say does an OR have in this process? I'm just confused about what's happening next; I was told I could leave at a moment's notice so I'm trying to get my home life in order but I might also not leave for several more months so I'm just feeling weird and confused right now

Tracker95

Perhaps not the correct thread to post this. But I was recently accepted to OCS and my recruiter told me I could ship in 30 days. I don't want to bug him too much, but can someone explain the process for this? I've seen online on Airwarriors that I need something called a FINSEL letter? I haven't gotten that yet. OR said he is working to get a faster ship date, but what say does an OR have in this process? I'm just confused about what's happening next; I was told I could leave at a moment's notice so I'm trying to get my home life in order but I might also not leave for several more months so I'm just feeling weird and confused right now
About a week or so before you go, you’ll get called in to do paperwork and get sworn in, that’s basically Finsel

ahansen

Did you get a ship date with your acceptance? Typically someone posts the board results on here somewhere and next your name will have a ship date or if you don’t have one yet, it’ll just say the fiscal year you ship (FY22).

From my experience, it seems like the standard is: you get your prorec Y (professional recommendation from the board)- it’ll usually have a ship date assigned, then you will get a background check done. how in depth it is is based on your clearance level needed (intel is more intense than swo for example). you will do a mock prt sometime before your ship date, sign some docs and a few weeks before your ship date, you’ll get a final selection letter and swear in thereafter.
Your recruiter can try to get you in an earlier class if there’s availability. No guarantee. They say it could be three weeks or 6 months if you don’t already have a date. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to who gets chosen to go when. I’ve heard of a few ppl being offered to leave within a month. Some turned it down cuz it was too soon to tie up their lives, but most wait a few months. Just be prepared physically and start learning appendix bravo info while you wait. I got accepted in may with a ship date in November. (Recruiter says I won’t get my finsel til late oct, so comes anywhere from a week to a month before you ship it seems). Some in my board shipped in June, others didn’t have a date yet.

Keep up with your recruiter. Mine typically responds to texts best and keep in mind they have a lot of ppl they’re juggling. If you’ve told them you’ll ship asap just be ready if it comes about. ask him what you need to do to be prepared if you do have to ship quickly.

100water1

Did you get a ship date with your acceptance? Typically someone posts the board results on here somewhere and next your name will have a ship date or if you don’t have one yet, it’ll just say the fiscal year you ship (FY22).

From my experience, it seems like the standard is: you get your prorec Y (professional recommendation from the board)- it’ll usually have a ship date assigned, then you will get a background check done. how in depth it is is based on your clearance level needed (intel is more intense than swo for example). you will do a mock prt sometime before your ship date, sign some docs and a few weeks before your ship date, you’ll get a final selection letter and swear in thereafter.
Your recruiter can try to get you in an earlier class if there’s availability. No guarantee. They say it could be three weeks or 6 months if you don’t already have a date. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to who gets chosen to go when. I’ve heard of a few ppl being offered to leave within a month. Some turned it down cuz it was too soon to tie up their lives, but most wait a few months. Just be prepared physically and start learning appendix bravo info while you wait. I got accepted in may with a ship date in November. (Recruiter says I won’t get my finsel til late oct, so comes anywhere from a week to a month before you ship it seems). Some in my board shipped in June, others didn’t have a date yet.

Keep up with your recruiter. Mine typically responds to texts best and keep in mind they have a lot of ppl they’re juggling. If you’ve told them you’ll ship asap just be ready if it comes about. ask him what you need to do to be prepared if you do have to ship quickly.

Thanks. I already did my prt and I was contacted by an investigator some weeks ago so I'm hoping my background check is done. I think my assigned date was in January or February, I would have to check again. My OR says there's a good chance I'll leave this month but if not then I would leave next year. Or I could leave in a few days if they contact me. My OR seems confident I could leave soon so I'm wondering how much influence an OR has in this process. Just have no idea how much of my life I should get together now since theres so much uncertainty when I'm leaving

But that sheds some more light on the process, thanks. I just dont want to bother my OR too much since he still isnt sure either if I might leave in a few weeks or not

Tracker95

Thanks. I already did my prt and I was contacted by an investigator some weeks ago so I'm hoping my background check is done. I think my assigned date was in January or February, I would have to check again. My OR says there's a good chance I'll leave this month but if not then I would leave next year. Or I could leave in a few days if they contact me. My OR seems confident I could leave soon so I'm wondering how much influence an OR has in this process. Just have no idea how much of my life I should get together now since theres so much uncertainty when I'm leaving

But that sheds some more light on the process, thanks. I just dont want to bother my OR too much since he still isnt sure either if I might leave in a few weeks or not
find an AD person on here that can look at the number of available slots for upcoming OCS classes, they should be able to tell you the number of male or female slots available. This is what your recruiter will use to get you a slot. I had a 2022 date and Im through OCS and in P-cola already

exNavyOffRec

OCS dates are coordinate through NRC and just because he hears of an open spot doesn't mean it could be yours, it needs to fit for the designator and there are many other NRD's and people waiting. In the grand scheme of things the recruiter has little pull in items like this, it is what the guy at NRC wants to do.

100water1

OCS dates are coordinate through NRC and just because he hears of an open spot doesn't mean it could be yours, it needs to fit for the designator and there are many other NRD's and people waiting. In the grand scheme of things the recruiter has little pull in items like this, it is what the guy at NRC wants to do.

Ok. OR was saying theres a good chance i leave soon so I was just wondering how he knew or if he could see something in the system. Thanks

kookylukey

Ok. OR was saying theres a good chance i leave soon so I was just wondering how he knew or if he could see something in the system. Thanks
My OR asked if I wanted to leave earlier, I'm a SNA so I assume there's at least some spots for that. Just stuck with my current date of Nov 28th though just since I have everything (finances/current job etc) already set up for that date.

100water1

My OR asked if I wanted to leave earlier, I'm a SNA so I assume there's at least some spots for that. Just stuck with my current date of Nov 28th though just since I have everything (finances/current job etc) already set up for that date.
When were you accepted? How far out is Nov 28 from when you first found out you were Pro rec y?

I have been seeing a lot of people dq'd at the OCS physical. Is the NAMI physical at OCS only for pilots? And if its only for pilots, is the OCS phsyical for staff corps (CEC) just to make sure nothing has changed from meps or can a waiver cleared by N3M be denied at OCS? thank you