• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

PEFO Silver-Shades

The clipboard is borderline useless. Everyone buys them, and the only thing they get used for is making your bed and it doesn't really help that much to make a significant difference.

The classes ahead of you will pass down these types of items before you get too far into the program. Same goes for cleaning supplies, don't buy cleaning supplies unless you're a clean freak and need to mop every day.

It would help to have tide pods that way you don't need to worry about waiting to go to the NEX just to do laundry for the first time. I never had an extra towel, it wasn't necessary. They give you two.
Are we allowed to have foam rollers? i see it says we are able to bring it for ROM but since ROM has been discontinued are we still able to bring them?

Ghost SWO

Contributor
Are we allowed to have foam rollers? i see it says we are able to bring it for ROM but since ROM has been discontinued are we still able to bring them?
You can, but I wouldn't. That's another item that OCS has plenty of. Foam rollers and yoga mats are abundant. Maybe the class team doesn't allow that for a week or two of indoc at most? If they don't initially allow it, that won't last long, they don't want people getting injured. Nimitz has ice machines too, I'd prioritize some zip lock bags for ice. Way less space, and is something you may need that's not readily available.

kookylukey

The clipboard is borderline useless. Everyone buys them, and the only thing they get used for is making your bed and it doesn't really help that much to make a significant difference.

The classes ahead of you will pass down these types of items before you get too far into the program. Same goes for cleaning supplies, don't buy cleaning supplies unless you're a clean freak and need to mop every day.

It would help to have tide pods that way you don't need to worry about waiting to go to the NEX just to do laundry for the first time. I never had an extra towel, it wasn't necessary. They give you two.
You can, but I wouldn't. That's another item that OCS has plenty of. Foam rollers and yoga mats are abundant. Maybe the class team doesn't allow that for a week or two of indoc at most? If they don't initially allow it, that won't last long, they don't want people getting injured. Nimitz has ice machines too, I'd prioritize some zip lock bags for ice. Way less space, and is something you may need that's not readily available.

So I really don't need to bring much at all besides whats on the packing list and some good running shoes, cool beans

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Hi!
I am going to OCS on 23 January and would like to know if having a CPAP is allowed?

Thank you.
If you need a CPAP due to sleep apnea, I’m pretty sure you “forgot” to mention that on your medical questionnaire at MEPS.

I don’t think OCS would be a great place to “remember” you have issues breathing at night…also, your roommates are gonna love you…either for the snoring or for the kewl Darth Vader sounds at night.

Pickle

After doing some research I saw that the prt switched to cadence pushups and that the max is 60 now. But my recruiter sent me some stuff on the prt and it still shows that the max is still 87. Can anyone who has just done the pre OCS prt or graduated OCS confirm that cadence pushups are standard now? Thank you

virginia26morr

After doing some research I saw that the prt switched to cadence pushups and that the max is 60 now. But my recruiter sent me some stuff on the prt and it still shows that the max is still 87. Can anyone who has just done the pre OCS prt or graduated OCS confirm that cadence pushups are standard now? Thank you
Haven't seen or heard anything on that. I just did the pre OCS PRT with my recruiter and I leave for OCS this weekend.

Myers868

Here is my current dilemma. I was born in the United States but my mom was born in Central America. In 2013 she got my citizenship from her country without me knowing. When I filled out the NASIS for the background check at the beginning of this year, I didn’t know this. I found out only after I received a Prorec yes to go to OCS. I am currently waiting for my finsel and I have already texted my recruiter telling them about the situation. Could this make me fail a background check and stop me from getting the finsel and going to OCS? I’m willing to renounce it in a heartbeat but I’m not sure if they will see it and think I was hiding it.

exNavyOffRec

Here is my current dilemma. I was born in the United States but my mom was born in Central America. In 2013 she got my citizenship from her country without me knowing. When I filled out the NASIS for the background check at the beginning of this year, I didn’t know this. I found out only after I received a Prorec yes to go to OCS. I am currently waiting for my finsel and I have already texted my recruiter telling them about the situation. Could this make me fail a background check and stop me from getting the finsel and going to OCS? I’m willing to renounce it in a heartbeat but I’m not sure if they will see it and think I was hiding it.
They should just have you do the renunciation paperwork and it shouldn't be an issue.

lah512

They should just have you do the renunciation paperwork and it shouldn't be an issue.
Helpp.
Question, under the relatives tabs, after entering information about my fathers mexican citizenship. what is the information they are asking for when they refer to under subtab : Foreign Relative Information-- Approximate first contact and approximate last contact. Is that when they came to the states or when they have contacted back to their country of origin since they have entered the US?
I am over thinking this portion i believe, but not sure what info they mean by it. Any guidance?

Attachments

• Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    92 KB · Views: 15

number9

Contributor
Helpp.
Question, under the relatives tabs, after entering information about my fathers mexican citizenship. what is the information they are asking for when they refer to under subtab : Foreign Relative Information-- Approximate first contact and approximate last contact. Is that when they came to the states or when they have contacted back to their country of origin since they have entered the US?
I am over thinking this portion i believe, but not sure what info they mean by it. Any guidance?
I applied for ODS, not OCS, but: I filled out my first contact with the date I first saw my father (the day I was born) and the date I last talked to him (which was a few days before I filled out the SF-86)

TheDR

If I applied for 2 communities but my first choice's board is later than the other, can I wait on acceptance to that one or am I kinda just locked in if I get accepted to the other? It's not that I'm totally against the second but I'm much more interested in the first.

n95salesman

If I applied for 2 communities but my first choice's board is later than the other, can I wait on acceptance to that one or am I kinda just locked in if I get accepted to the other? It's not that I'm totally against the second but I'm much more interested in the first.

I had Pilot first SWO second. SWO board came first, got accepted. Pilot board came next, was rejected. My recruiter told me if I wanted to try for pilot again I would have to formally reject the SWO acceptance in writing, and that it would be a guaranteed rejection at any future board for anything.