• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

EFCepeda

Got a question about calls home and things of that nature, are you allowed to speak in your language you speak at home on the phone? More specifically Mandarin for me, I know probably not but just wondering. Same for like letters home
The staff usually isnt around when you’re using the pay phones. You’re fine.

Wareagle5

depends. Mostly eye stuff. I know one got DQd for having gone to the ER for a migraine (and reported it to medical during MEPS)
Bit him in the ass.

yeah it’s usually eyes though.

Were those individuals given the option to redesignate or were they just sent home?

EFCepeda

Were those individuals given the option to redesignate or were they just sent home?

Redesignation. Typically to SWO but I did see one NFO go Supply. You need a calculus credit to be eligible. But yeah, it’s almost always either resdes to SWO or DOR. The occasional Supply redes.

Deegy15

Aviation Structural Mechanic - Safety Equipment
It’s a shit show at OCS for medical. Saw tons of NFO/SNAs get dropped due to that while at OCS. And yeah, they do an extra physical during Indoc that non-aviation doesn’t.

what are the extra physical activities during indoc for aviation guys other than 1.5miles/ push-ups/ plank? swim?

JoeBob1788

I’m getting ahead of myself, as I haven’t been seen by a board yet, but are you allowed to bring uniforms with you and forgo purchasing from the NEX?
My current OIC is the same size as me, and is separating around the time I would leave and he offered me some of his uniforms; so if you can, that would save me a couple (thousand) bucks.

Ghost SWO

Contributor
I’m getting ahead of myself, as I haven’t been seen by a board yet, but are you allowed to bring uniforms with you and forgo purchasing from the NEX?
My current OIC is the same size as me, and is separating around the time I would leave and he offered me some of his uniforms; so if you can, that would save me a couple (thousand) bucks.
You can bring uniform items. The RDC's will check them once you arrive for serviceability and determine whether you can wear them. Assuming they're in fine condition, it shouldn't be an issue.