• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Awesome thanks, where is that other thread located?

Riem2080

What is weapons training like at OCS? What tests do we have to pass re: marksmanhip? Pistol and/or shotgun? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't find solid info about this.

Meyerkord

pilot
What is weapons training like at OCS? What tests do we have to pass re: marksmanhip? Pistol and/or shotgun? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't find solid info about this.
Concur with above ^ and you don't even need to qual. You basically just get 1 day to shoot and if you qual, cool, if not, oh well.

AULANI

I’m celebrating my pro-rec Y with stupid questions:

1. I have a friend who would like to swear me in. Is that an option? how would that work? She’s an officer in a different branch of that matters

2. I dye my hair. It’s a natural color but I’m assuming I won’t be able to touch it up at OCS. Will that be a problem? My natural color is blonde and I dye it dark brown so you will definitely see a difference. I could probably get enough highlights put in that it would hide the roots a bit but I hate having my hair anywhere near blonde.
1. Yes your friend can swear you in.

2. No you won't be able to dye your hair at OCS.

solovey

1. Ask your recruiter. They will ensure all the paperwork is done right.

2. Your job at OCS is to get in and out, not look pretty or worry about ones hair.

1. Thank you! I’ll ask them.

2. Honestly if I needed to shave my head to go to OCS I would in a heartbeat. I’d be cold but I’d do it. However if I am keeping the hair on my head lightening it enough that roots won’t show is going to be a very expensive and time consuming process so if it’s not against regulations for me to have distinctly visible roots I’d rather just ignore my hair for three months (to better focus on getting out) and deal with it later. But if it is going to be a problem I’ll work on fixing it now rather than have an instructor inform me a month in when I can’t change it.

AIRMMCPORET

Plan “A” Retired
1. Thank you! I’ll ask them.

2. Honestly if I needed to shave my head to go to OCS I would in a heartbeat. I’d be cold but I’d do it. However if I am keeping the hair on my head lightening it enough that roots won’t show is going to be a very expensive and time consuming process so if it’s not against regulations for me to have distinctly visible roots I’d rather just ignore my hair for three months (to better focus on getting out) and deal with it later. But if it is going to be a problem I’ll work on fixing it now rather than have an instructor inform me a month in when I can’t change it.

Shave it.???⚓️

Do all rollable evolutions have an option to retake? I know RLP has a re-inspection, but if for instance if I don't make it through the door in time during Fast Cruise, is there a retake later or do I roll right then and there?

AULANI

Do all rollable evolutions have an option to retake? I know RLP has a re-inspection, but if for instance if I don't make it through the door in time during Fast Cruise, is there a retake later or do I roll right then and there?
Unless they changed Fast Cruise, you just roll.

Not all rollable evolutions have a retake.

Keep in mind you can just get rolled for random shit too. I've seen people get rolled because they weren't putting out at regular PT.

Unless they changed Fast Cruise, you just roll.

Not all rollable evolutions have a retake.

Keep in mind you can just get rolled for random shit too. I've seen people get rolled because they weren't putting out at regular PT.

Thanks, good to know. Stupid question #2: When trying to reserve lodging at NGIS the site asks me for my rank. Since I'm not prior enlisted and don't have a rank yet, what should I put?

this was the dumbest gouge I received about OCS I swear. Not making it to the door in time is not a thing, unless you are severely out of shape, in which case you’ll get rolled well before that point during the evolution. As long as you aren’t sandbagging, are screaming ballistically, and doing the exercises with proper form, you will pass fast cruise. Also, nobody is getting rolled during regular PT unless they’re lying on the ground like an asshole lol. The best advice for the physical portion of OCS is PRACTICE PROPER FORM