• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

this was the dumbest gouge I received about OCS I swear. Not making it to the door in time is not a thing, unless you are severely out of shape, in which case you’ll get rolled well before that point during the evolution. As long as you aren’t sandbagging, are screaming ballistically, and doing the exercises with proper form, you will pass fast cruise. Also, nobody is getting rolled during regular PT unless they’re lying on the ground like an asshole lol. The best advice for the physical portion of OCS is PRACTICE PROPER FORM

Thanks, this makes me feel a lot better. I made myself nervous because I'm short and skinny and don't have experience carrying heavy loads like the seabag, but I've been doing HIIT training for the past 2 months and fully expect to be in top shape when I arrive.

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
Thanks, this makes me feel a lot better. I made myself nervous because I'm short and skinny and don't have experience carrying heavy loads like the seabag, but I've been doing HIIT training for the past 2 months and fully expect to be in top shape when I arrive.

Some evolutions are one-shot to pass before you roll, typically the ones that involve the entire class like fast cruise or first Friday. The logistics of running a retake make it impossible.
To address an earlier question: you can absolutely not make it through the door in time. If you fall too far behind your class, you are no longer taking part in the evolution. There’s no clock running, or written distance, but if you fall out then you’ll be pulled for an inability to safely complete the evolution.
Fast cruise makes considerations for people below a certain weight, so just listen to your class team when they ask you all questions.

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
I’m celebrating my pro-rec Y with stupid questions:

1. I have a friend who would like to swear me in. Is that an option? how would that work? She’s an officer in a different branch of that matters

2. I dye my hair. It’s a natural color but I’m assuming I won’t be able to touch it up at OCS. Will that be a problem? My natural color is blonde and I dye it dark brown so you will definitely see a difference. I could probably get enough highlights put in that it would hide the roots a bit but I hate having my hair anywhere near blonde.
There’s s also the option to have your friend commission you at your graduation from OCS, if that’s what you’re actually interested in. Just let your class officer know that when you get to candio phase and they’ll make the arrangements for a time and place for that to happen, usually the morning of graduation before the ceremony.

You can theoretically get your hair dyed while you’re on liberty off base but that’s not a thing until you’re in week 10. I wouldn’t attempt use a box dye in your hatch before that, the effort wouldn’t be worth it. I assure you that nobody will care if your roots are showing.

solovey

There’s s also the option to have your friend commission you at your graduation from OCS, if that’s what you’re actually interested in. Just let your class officer know that when you get to candio phase and they’ll make the arrangements for a time and place for that to happen, usually the morning of graduation before the ceremony.

You can theoretically get your hair dyed while you’re on liberty off base but that’s not a thing until you’re in week 10. I wouldn’t attempt use a box dye in your hatch before that, the effort wouldn’t be worth it. I assure you that nobody will care if your roots are showing.
Awesome! Thanks so much!!

Brand0034

Anyone have information on watch-o? I’ve seen it mentioned several times and “look it up on YouTube” but have found nothing. And links or gouge?

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
Anyone have information on watch-o? I’ve seen it mentioned several times and “look it up on YouTube” but have found nothing. And links or gouge?
How’s your appendix bravo knowledge coming along? I wouldn’t worry about watch-o, you’ll have enough time to learn it during your soc phase. You can get a jump ahead by learning your colregs though if you pick up a book off amazon for a few bucks.

Brand0034

How’s your appendix bravo knowledge coming along? I wouldn’t worry about watch-o, you’ll have enough time to learn it during your soc phase. You can get a jump ahead by learning your colregs though if you pick up a book off amazon for a few bucks.
Pretty solid. Have until August and feel like I’m already ahead. Going quick through appendix b so should have it down by April, which leaves roughly 4 months to just go over and over again. I have such a long wait I just want to stay on stuff to keep me occupied, I feel like I’m not being proactive.

ajwhite222

OHARP question. During worked with a recruiter in Philly, however moved to NYC during the application process. For OHARP, can I go back to NYC?

Riem2080

Is it likely OCS will be impacted by Covid-19? Nearly all colleges are shutting down in-person instruction so was just wondering if OCS will take similar measures.

Ancalagon

DoD just canceled all domestic PCS, TDY, and leave travel for any purpose that is not considered absolutely mission essential until May 11th. More guidance will likely come down soon. Stay in touch with your officer recruiters.

RobotSailor

Weller-known Member
Technically you can go to OHARP wherever you want.

Not necessarily true. OHARP managers will only place you somewhere that you have ties to, like family living there or where you went to college/were recruited out of. There's also the cost of living to consider: You only receive Transitory BAH while on OHARP (so about $800), which is regardless of zip code. While this doesn't explicitly rule out anywhere, it would put a serious strain on your finances if you're going to a traditionally expensive area like San Diego, or San Francisco.