• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Mike9595

So, as the thread title states.. 2 stupid questions about OCS,

For background and reference, I am applying for the SNA/SNFO Jan 2020 board my scores are 51/6/7/7 with a college GPA of 3.19. I have LOR from a 2 star retired Army General, Retired Captain USMC and another from a previous employer all that I have worked with personally and have a good judgement on my character. I do not have any legal waivers nor have I ever been arrested history with drugs etc, only one traffic ticket my entire life (but I don't think that should be an issue) but do have a medical waiver for history Psoriasis.

SO

Question #1- Do I need to be worried about that traffic ticket and do they look at medical waivers when looking at packages???

Question #2- I have a couple more references I can add to my package as well as was given some advice on here to change around my personal statement but my OR submitted my package after the deadline of the last board to see if a miracle could happen and I could slide in but said its already submitted so I can not re add anything. Is this true? Or is my OR just not wanting to resubmit it.

Been working towards this for quit sometime so anxious to make sure I can submit the best possible package with the best possible chances.

Thanks!

KristenQT

So, as the thread title states.. 2 stupid questions about OCS,

For background and reference, I am applying for the SNA/SNFO Jan 2020 board my scores are 51/6/7/7 with a college GPA of 3.19. I have LOR from a 2 star retired Army General, Retired Captain USMC and another from a previous employer all that I have worked with personally and have a good judgement on my character. I do not have any legal waivers nor have I ever been arrested history with drugs etc, only one traffic ticket my entire life (but I don't think that should be an issue) but do have a medical waiver for history Psoriasis.

SO

Question #1- Do I need to be worried about that traffic ticket and do they look at medical waivers when looking at packages???

Question #2- I have a couple more references I can add to my package as well as was given some advice on here to change around my personal statement but my OR submitted my package after the deadline of the last board to see if a miracle could happen and I could slide in but said its already submitted so I can not re add anything. Is this true? Or is my OR just not wanting to resubmit it.

Been working towards this for quit sometime so anxious to make sure I can submit the best possible package with the best possible chances.

Thanks!

1.) A simple moving violation or speeding ticket will not matter unless it was reckless.

2.) Your recruiter could pull your package but it’s a lot to resubmit just for minor changes. I had mine resubmit my motivational statement so it can be done.

It looks like you should be fine with the scores and package you have. Good luck

Mike9595

Question: Did you ask your recruiter and what did they tell you?

I called him last week and said I would like to add a reference and potentially rework my statement but he said it was already submitted and asked if I was just nervous I was not going to get in. He seemed more so on the side of not wanting to resubmit.

Mike9595

1.) A simple moving violation or speeding ticket will not matter unless it was reckless.

2.) Your recruiter could pull your package but it’s a lot to resubmit just for minor changes. I had mine resubmit my motivational statement so it can be done.

It looks like you should be fine with the scores and package you have. Good luck

Any insight on medical waivers when they look at the package? I am pretty sure they don't but then you go through another physical at OCS too?

FinkUFreaky

pilot
The OCS board (disclaimer, I have not sat on one) does not look at your medical record. If you got cleared from whatever prescreening process, you made it. As far as tickets go, I had quite a few, and then I learned to stop getting them. That would be my recommendation. Some are definately allowed, too many will hurt you in the long run especially if you want airlines.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
Also yes you will go through another medical at OCS. And then again at API with the real nutbuster NAMI folks. And then again every year you have the pleasure to fly grey or orange and white planes. But I wouldn't be concerned with it if you passed the initial screening. I came down with pneumonia during OCS, and had to do the testing to prove I didn't still have my childhood asthma. Failed miserably. Was able to re-test a few weeks later no problem

S

SovereignoftheSeas

If someone was an Indoc candidate and stayed at OCS for the entire holiday leave period, would they be able to access basic personal items/contraband such as a book to read or grip strength trainers?
Thanks!

S

SovereignoftheSeas

If someone was an Indoc candidate and stayed at OCS for the entire holiday leave period, would they be able to access basic personal items/contraband such as a book to read or grip strength trainers?

In addition:
Regarding holiday leave as an Indoc, does anyone know if there would be a gym/weight room that we could use consistently while on base?
Would a bore snake be worth bringing or is that more for Marine OCS?

Dontcallmegump

pilot
In addition:
Regarding holiday leave as an Indoc, does anyone know if there would be a gym/weight room that we could use consistently while on base?

I cant believe you've made me say this.... but have you looked in this very thread for any answers? Surely someone has already asked this and someone else who is knowledgeable and awesome provided some info.

The rifles are deactivated, you don't have any reason to clean the bore, the exterior is the only part that matters.

S

SovereignoftheSeas

I cant believe you've made me say this.... but have you looked in this very thread for any answers? Surely someone has already asked this and someone else who is knowledgeable and awesome provided some info.

I did look, and didn't find anything definitive for Indoc candidates.

The rifles are deactivated, you don't have any reason to clean the bore, the exterior is the only part that matters.

Thanks!

justz048

The OCS board (disclaimer, I have not sat on one) does not look at your medical record. If you got cleared from whatever prescreening process, you made it. As far as tickets go, I had quite a few, and then I learned to stop getting them. That would be my recommendation. Some are definately allowed, too many will hurt you in the long run especially if you want airlines.
Just out of curiousity, what do they medical exams entail? Are they the same exact thing at MEPS?

Meyerkord

pilot
Just out of curiousity, what do they medical exams entail? Are they the same exact thing at MEPS?
Similar to MEPS with some additional things. But the basic concept is the same. You're just making rounds and getting checked out. Some additional eye tests for the pilots/NFOs, and an EKG depending on your age as well.

AULANI

In addition:
The only people that were allowed to use the gym as INDOCS were the SEALs otherwise you have to wait until Candio phase to use the gym. This might have changed though.

Unless you work in the armory you won't be cleaning the rifles.