• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
For all of you who have already been through OCS:
Due to my age, it is critical that I do not roll back a class while at OCS. I must graduate on time with my class or I will lose my SNA spot, which leads me to my question...what causes most candidates to roll while at OCS?
Falling out of Welcome Aboard, RLP, Academics

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
If you can get at least a Good on the PRT at this point, you should be fine. Everything else is stuff you're gonna work on when you're there. Get the gouge down cold so you're ready for RLP. If you think there's ever any danger that you might roll, let your class team know that you're worried about it and you'll age out if you roll, they're in the best position to help you out, and if they can they probably will. Make sure you work with your knowledge body so you can do well on the academics.

But really, rolling is relatively rare. Keep on top of your stuff and you have nothing to worry about.

America

If you can get at least a Good on the PRT at this point, you should be fine. Everything else is stuff you're gonna work on when you're there. Get the gouge down cold so you're ready for RLP. If you think there's ever any danger that you might roll, let your class team know that you're worried about it and you'll age out if you roll, they're in the best position to help you out, and if they can they probably will. Make sure you work with your knowledge body so you can do well on the academics.

But really, rolling is relatively rare. Keep on top of your stuff and you have nothing to worry about.
@cb812 - I'm age critical as well, and this question is much appreciated.

Dangy

Pew pew pew
pilot
@Tycho_Brohe , not asking you to reveal the surprises at OCS, but during Welcome Abroad, is it still the same as outpost, and is the physical activities all day or just that morning?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
@Tycho_Brohe , not asking you to reveal the surprises at OCS, but during Welcome Abroad, is it still the same as outpost, and is the physical activities all day or just that morning?
I'm not sure, they've changed it since I've been there. I heard they got rid of Wake Up Wednesday or something and pushed it all to the end of the week I guess, so I'd expect a whole fun-filled day of activities.

WEGL12

VT-28

Be prepared to have fun throughout the day, most days until RLP. Varies with class team but every time you are with your DI, surprises are waiting for you.

In all seriousness don't worry about the beatings. They suck but it's a group effort (normally ;)) so everyone goes through it together. Don't think about rolling and every time you feel like giving in during a beating just think if you quit you get three more weeks of fun. That was my mindset, you don't want to be there a second longer than 12 weeks. Your focus should be breakfast-->lunch-->dinner--> taps/study hours. Do that everyday and time starts to move faster.

I am sure this has been asked already, but what is the deal with glasses @ OCS? In all the youtube videos it appears everyone wears the same kind of thick framed style of glasses. Do they issue those at OCS? And if you wear glasses do you have to notify anyone beyound reporting it at MEPS and the medical documents?

rawhide 26

pilot
For all of you who have already been through OCS:
Due to my age, it is critical that I do not roll back a class while at OCS. I must graduate on time with my class or I will lose my SNA spot, which leads me to my question...what causes most candidates to roll while at OCS?

Dude your 26, not 28. there is no worry. Your OCS date isn't going to be over a year from now and you shouldn't plan on graduating in over a year. Also I graduated with a guy who rolled for medical reasons and that made his commissioning date after his 29th birthday and they let him stay SNA. Remember there is a wavier for everything. Come in shape, and don't get hurt and you're good.

jander12

pilot
I am sure this has been asked already, but what is the deal with glasses @ OCS? In all the youtube videos it appears everyone wears the same kind of thick framed style of glasses. Do they issue those at OCS? And if you wear glasses do you have to notify anyone beyound reporting it at MEPS and the medical documents?
Dated, but: http://www.airwarriors.com/communit...ey-hand-you-glasses-at-ocs.23431/#post-366837

search: "birth control glasses" here on airwarriors.com and a few other threads come up too.

America

Dude your 26, not 28. there is no worry. Your OCS date isn't going to be over a year from now and you shouldn't plan on graduating in over a year. Also I graduated with a guy who rolled for medical reasons and that made his commissioning date after his 29th birthday and they let him stay SNA. Remember there is a wavier for everything. Come in shape, and don't get hurt and you're good.
I may be confused, but I thought we had to be commissioned prior to age 27?

LET73

So study hard, manage my time, make sure my room/uniform is shit hot, and be is great shape before I show up?
All that, and have a good attitude about the process. I don't normally advise that people drink the Kool-Aid, but you need to have a few sips at OCS. It makes things easier. You're not going to get rolled for a stupid reason if the class team likes you.