• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

DaJester

If i get to Newport and my allergies are terrible is there a way to get allergy meds. Like a doctors prescription? I usually take over-the-counter as needed (1-2 times a week).

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Don't bring black skivvies. Just be like everyone else and wear white. You'll have to wear blue undershirts with NWUs and white with Khakis anyway.

For the allergy medicine, I'm pretty sure it's available from the Clinic or King Hall Medical. It's pretty common. Just don't bring your own. Notify your class Med Body, usually a CandiO, right away the first night as to your situation.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
I cannot believe I'm writing a post about socks, but here goes. For PT, you'll want white crew socks. Bring a bunch. I changed out my sweat/dew/water soaked skivvies and socks after PT for hygiene's sake. The less markings the better, so you don't stand out. Crew length as you'll put your gogue pack (ziplock bag with notebook, pen, and gogue book) in there during InDoc. Sometimes you'll "demotivate them", i.e. roll them down. Only when you're told though. Also, I want to punch whoever came up with "demotivate" socks.

For NWUs, you'll be force to buy the NWU boot sock. It's actually a pretty good IMO.

For CandiO phase, get a few extra pairs of nicer black dress socks at the NEX when you are able to go there as a Candio. The issue ones are garbage. Don't get a bunch though, you need tan dress socks in PCola to put with the brown shoes you'll be wearing here.

SynixMan

pilot
Contributor
You drill with demilled M16A1s. The bolt and trigger work, but the upper and lower are welded together. They are in various states of working. You are supposed to (and should) keep it clean, but it's not like you're breaking it down every night. Just make sure it's in decent shape, and extra so for RLP. If you have the honor of being color guard, you use M1s.

AGonxAV8R

HAMPS
pilot
For NWUs, you'll be force to buy the NWU boot sock. It's actually a pretty good IMO.

For CandiO phase, get a few extra pairs of nicer black dress socks at the NEX when you are able to go there as a Candio. The issue ones are garbage. Don't get a bunch though, you need tan dress socks in PCola to put with the brown shoes you'll be wearing here.

Boot sucks for CandiO phase are quite nice.... I still wear boot sucks with my black shoes. They are so much more comfortable than those dress socks. As long as they are black, and they are, regs says they are OK.

I have yet to buy brown shoes, and I get ragged on by people, but I just dont see the need to spend 72 bucks on the brown shoes just yet...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Boot sucks for CandiO phase are quite nice.... I still wear boot sucks with my black shoes. They are so much more comfortable than those dress socks. As long as they are black, and they are, regs says they are OK.

I have yet to buy brown shoes, and I get ragged on by people, but I just dont see the need to spend 72 bucks on the brown shoes just yet...

So you're just cheap. Roger.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
NO, just conservative with my money...

When you get to a squadron, you're going to be paying "dues"...and you're also going to be paying your part for the wardroom as well underway..even for shennanigans that you don't participate in. Why not shell out for something that actually means something personally? It's your choice..but this is why we have aviation dudes walking around in black shoes...it's preposterous.

FYI I dropped over $100 for Squadron Xmas party tickets for something I wasn't even able to attend...but the ticket money helped ensure the squadron got to have a nice outing so it was a win in my book. You'll be losing out on a lot more than $80 bucks for stuff in your future.