• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

sTUPID qUESTIONS aBOUT ocs

mtsupilot09

"We lookin fo you. We gon find you!"
I'd recommend not eating snacks your stash in your POV. If you value things like cell phones, liberty, etc., don't do it.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I don't know about you guys..but I had a racket going on in the back of my SUV during our POV runs..the Candi-O's may or may not have been in on it as well.

I made sure to return the favor when I was a Candi-O and the classes we took out there seemed to appreciate it, we also passed down to the junior classses to do the same when they were in charge.

Don't be a douchebag and make OCS suck any more than it has to..the POV runs should be looked forward to and a few minutes of escape from OCS. Starburst never tasted so good, and the 5 minutes on the phone with my wife (then fiance) really kept me going.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you can't figure out how to get geedunk into OCS without doing a POV run then you're doing it wrong.

READ: Aviator "swim time" at the SAR Swimmer building.... = candy and soda machines + coinage = yum yums..

I'm sure there's gotta be machines somewhere up in Newport these days...

mtsupilot09

I know of a couple drill instructors that, when their classes get POV runs, sit in the gas station or Navy Lodge lobby in civvies and watch their classes eat/drink/make phone calls. Great way to get your p-way filled up with sand for a day or two. Everybody gets away with a few bites...just be smart. We got a lot of beef jerky, fruit roll ups, etc in the mail.

markkyle66

I know of a couple drill instructors that, when their classes get POV runs, sit in the gas station or Navy Lodge lobby in civvies and watch their classes eat/drink/make phone calls. Great way to get your p-way filled up with sand for a day or two. Everybody gets away with a few bites...just be smart. We got a lot of beef jerky, fruit roll ups, etc in the mail.

That's pretty slick. I'd be paranoid that they would see the various geedunk wrappers in the garbage though. Which reminds me of another question. Are the garbage cans in our dorms only supposed to get filled to a certain point... you know, for inspections and whatnot?

sea_wolf

Lol, the only garbage cans you're going to be using are in the heads, and for major inspections they better be empty.

Also these days POV runs are almost nonexistent because any excess junk gets stored and locked away in a 'lucky bag' room in the house.

The only reason I'd bring a POV is for driving where you want if you get liberty and also because by the end of OCS you'll likely have several seabags full of junk (and like 6-7 uniforms with footwear) that would suck to try and fly with, though it can be done.

mtsupilot09

^^^What he said....they are back to the "old" way of OCS. Not as much academics...lots more physical. There's now a pass/fail o-course that looks fun as hell. As a candio, I preferred the lucky bag room over POV runs. Instead of calling for a van, waiting, driving out to the carriers, I would just go see a class Chief and borrow the key. When the class is allowed phones, watches, alarm clocks, etc, it takes about 15 mins to get in and out of the lucky bag room vice making 3 or 4 van runs to the POV lots. Shoulda been done long ago.

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Where the hell is the O-Course? And what does it consist of? Interesting...

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
i know of a couple drill instructors that, when their classes get pov runs, sit in the gas station or navy lodge lobby in civvies and watch their classes eat/drink/make phone calls. Great way to get your p-way filled up with sand for a day or two. Everybody gets away with a few bites...just be smart. we got a lot of beef jerky, fruit roll ups, etc in the mail.

bingo!

mtsupilot09

You're probably thinking of the LDC course. The new one is pretty legit. 30-40' off the ground in places. They did the first run through with the instructors yesterday.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Oh yea, cuz they actually have to go out to the parking lot to know that this happens.

Come on now, do you think they were born yesterday? Candidates have been trying to sneak geedunk since the beginning of OCS. It's like when you're a kid and 3/4 of the stuff you thought you snuck by your parents, they actually knew about but didn't care.

Instead of calling for a van, waiting, driving out to the carriers, I would just go see a class Chief and borrow the key. When the class is allowed phones, watches, alarm clocks, etc, it takes about 15 mins to get in and out of the lucky bag room vice making 3 or 4 van runs to the POV lots. Shoulda been done long ago.
Back in my day, we walked to the carriers, and we liked it! (because it meant we got to eat and call our significant others)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Back in my day, we walked to the carriers, and we liked it! (because it meant we got to eat and call our significant others)

In my indoc brief, my Class Officer specifically addressed using phones on POV runs, geedunk on POV runs, coffee and donuts at church, and most of the other shenanigans that went on in the initial move to Newport. They knew and wanted to clamp down. Warning was given.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I went to OCS in Newport. They are always trying to "clamp down." Our class-O found [read: planted] a bag of geedunk in a ceiling tile to elicit a regimental beating. It's all part of the game.