• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stolen Valor Act violations: 2 men pose as medal bedecked Marines in separate events

brownshoe

Contributor
My ten year reunion is coming up. I think there's supposed to be some kind of formal dinner thing that is suit and tie-ish. If we can all make it, I have a pair of buddies that are Air Force and Army aviators, and we were thinking of going in uniform so we have the entire set sitting at a table.

Cool! Post pictures.:D

Lookit guys, when I was in we were pretty much required to wear our uniforms. Besides, we (I) couldn't always afford proper civilian dress.

As far as I'm concerned being in the military is a 24/7 way of life, not a job. (Doctor, policeman, fireman? )

Steve

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I would have worn mine to the 10 year just to show all the teachers that wrote me off...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wearing your uniform to a ten year is a little too "Hey look at me". The Doctors didn't wear their lab coats, the cops didn't wear their uniforms and the firemen didn't wear theirs either.

Spot on. Get a lapel pin if you feel the need.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I would have worn mine to the 10 year just to show all the teachers that wrote me off...

Haha, it doesn't matter WHO you are, I guarantee you almost EVERY successful person has had detractors along the way.

I had a math teacher tell me I wasn't good at math... then I got a degree in Aerospace Engineering in 3 years. Yeah, she sure called that one....:rolleyes:

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Yeah, I know. I saw that too. I guess the article gave me the impression he wore Master Gunny sleeve and Lt. Col. pins...?

I interpreted it as he wore MGySgt rank one year and LtCol a different year. Either way, that's a fuggin short time to be promoted 5 paygrades. ;)

BUDU

I interpreted it as he wore MGySgt rank one year and LtCol the next year. Either way, that's a fuggin short time to be promoted 5 paygrades. ;)

Douche and idiot are too close in my mind...it never crossed my mind he'd actually get it right. Just thought he had the whole uniform completely wrong. :D

navy09

None
...it never crossed my mind he'd actually get it right. Just thought he had the whole uniform completely wrong. :D

The crazy thing is that he didn't. And I'm no expert on USMC uniforms, but nothing stood out as being glaringly wrong. This guy is obviously nuts and spent considerable time and money on this alternate universe. The Presidential Service Badge alone goes for $100+ on eBay. God knows how much coin the guy sunk into those costumes (that's all they were to him).

Aside from the Stolen Valor Act, isn't it a crime to impersonate a military officer? How common is that charge?

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Our friends over at POW Network had some gouge on him too.

POW Network says there are no active duty or reserve Master Guns in the Corps.:confused: They just lost some serious credibility.

In fact, they claim only 2 Master Sergeants and one 1st Sergeant.... Seriously? Who are these guys???

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
I really enjoy seeing a douche like this get caught.
As far as wearing your uniform to the reunion, if there is a function at the reunion that calls for business dress or better, it wouldn't be out of place at all to wear an equivalent uniform. Even if it's business casual, you might get by with plain summer white. And who ever thought "Hey, look at me!" wasn't part of being a Navy pilot anyhow?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
POW Network says there are no active duty or reserve Master Guns in the Corps.:confused: They just lost some serious credibility.

In fact, they claim only 2 Master Sergeants and one 1st Sergeant.... Seriously? Who are these guys???

They were quoting something in one of the links to a bb. I don't believe that's POW's stance.