• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stash Jobs in A-pool

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
You could always just pick your poison and volunteer for a good stash job when an opportunity is presented.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah I've already got a pretty decent job which, assuming my NAMI wammy goes well tomorrow, I'll most likely only work one time. SO I really can't complain....

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I was stashed at the water survival pool/gym for a few months, pretty good gig and the instructors, who were all very laid back, let you practice all the survival events you do in the API water survival course when your supposed to be there for 'work'.

lov2playlax22

So what would be a few more good stash jobs that a person can take that are laid back and/or easy? I'm about to graduate and get down there myself, so it would be really helpful.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you want a "laid-back/easy" stash job, go out and find one. If you think anyone's going to offer up the sweet jobs instead of hanging onto them for themselves, Ensigns must have become a lot more altruistic in recent years.

Back in my day (when we wore onions on our belts, as was the fashion at the time), I begged and wheedled my way into a stash with P'cola SAR. That was a summer job.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Just be careful that that cool stash job doesn't put you out of sight, out of mind and delay your classing up.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C'mon, now...don't scare the young 'uns. Flight Management won't forget you just because you're off working in the Ensign Salt Mines.

It does reduce your opportunity to jump on good deals...and you are working somewhere when you might otherwise be doing nothing but muster-gym-beach-beer-repeat. But you take risks in wartime.

(Edit: and it wouldn't be a bad idea to stroll through FM once a week or so)

NASP SAR was a heckufa good deal. Did some odd jobs around the office, but mostly flew around in the mighty War Winnebago, got a little bit of stick time.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
^^ sounds like a good deal

As for the previous question, yeah, search around. If you have any friends already down here, thats a good avenue to look down....lots of times other ENS are trying to find bodies to fill their jobs once they class up, or need more ENS for whatever they do. Personally, I would avoid any job that includes the words "Museum of Naval Aviation" but that is just me. Don't say I told you so :)

nugget81

pilot
Aside from those who have a short wait, if everyone was on the watch bill, then the guy on watch would continually be new, and therefore, terrible.

You mean just like the SDO watch in Primary? Nobody ever knew what was going on with that watch....