• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stand by for high seas, heavy rolls in NSW and JAGC

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought I read an article that said when he attempted to re-affiliate with the Navy, the SEALs would not allow him back into the community. Interesting if they wouldn't let you back into the community they would still allow you to wear the Trident.
As in aviation, there's a formal process to rescind a warfare qualification (I.E. FNAEB). AFAIK, that has not happened for Greitens. Not being given an NSW billet as a reservist is a completely different matter.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I thought I read an article that said when he attempted to re-affiliate with the Navy, the SEALs would not allow him back into the community. Interesting if they wouldn't let you back into the community they would still allow you to wear the Trident.
Just out of curiosity, why would they remove his Trident? If screwing around on your spouse (after leaving active duty) and doing stupid stuff is grounds for removal of a warfare pin, there would be a lot of naked breasts across all of the armed forces. Did he do something else I am unaware of while on AD?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Just out of curiosity, why would they remove his Trident? If screwing around on your spouse (after leaving active duty) and doing stupid stuff is grounds for removal of a warfare pin, there would be a lot of naked breasts across all of the armed forces. Did he do something else I am unaware of while on AD?
What does screwing around on your spouse have to do with naked breasts?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Google is your friend. Multiple felony allegations, bizarre blackmail associated with his 50 shades of grey style affair, campaign finance violations. I'm not advocating for removal of Trident, but he is alleged to have done a whole lot more than have an affair. Whether any of it happened on AD is not relevant to any formal Navy admin procedure.

Seems pretty clear that he's not a particularly good guy and I think the NSW community would be completely justified in not wanting him out there representing them.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Google is your friend. Multiple felony allegations, bizarre blackmail associated with his 50 shades of grey style affair, campaign finance violations. I'm not advocating for removal of Trident, but he is alleged to have done a whole lot more than have an affair. Whether any of it happened on AD is not relevant to any formal Navy admin procedure.

Seems pretty clear that he's not a particularly good guy and I think the NSW community would be completely justified in not wanting him out there representing them.
Yeah, I get it, but Google and allegations are what they are. I think it would be a disaster for the Navy to start plying post-Service moral arbiter. As for being a good guy, who cares? He did his job well...from what Google tells me.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, I get it, but Google and allegations are what they are. I think it would be a disaster for the Navy to start plying post-Service moral arbiter. As for being a good guy, who cares? He did his job well...from what Google tells me.
Post service? He’s in the reserves, or was lobbying to be when this story was more current. Though the phrase “service discrediting” is normally used in a legal context, you could certainly argue that being a horrible human being, if not a convicted criminal, might warrant some review from the service on whether that individual is a good example for NSW to associate with.

Dontcallmegump

pilot

I've heard that when Chiefs are referred to as E-7s by other chiefs it's a dead give away that they aren't accepted into the mess for whatever reason. Perhaps similarly Mr. Gallagher is referred to as "First Class" and then being restored to "the pay grade of E-7" which seems to strip away all but the administrative qualifies of the rate.

Reading too much into it or a covert slight by the messages sender?

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I've heard that when Chiefs are referred to as E-7s by other chiefs it's a dead give away that they aren't accepted into the mess for whatever reason. Perhaps similarly Mr. Gallagher is referred to as "First Class" and then being restored to "the pay grade of E-7" which seems to strip away all but the administrative qualifies of the rate.

Reading too much into it or a covert slight by the messages sender?
Spot fucking on. The wording is intentional.

Dontcallmegump

pilot
Spot fucking on. The wording is intentional.
Love it or hate it, that's a pretty sly way to send the message that the CIC can make him an E-7 but only the mess can make him a Chief.

Shouldn't be decisive at all in the many goat lockers of the navy...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So, the question becomes, if the NSW community is willing to turn their backs on Gallagher, why won’t some of the posters in this thread do the same?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
If NSW pulls his Trident, what’s the over/under Trump steps in and gives it back?

If the Trident actually gets pulled I hope Gallagher just STFU and retires into obscurity. He already dodged a bullet with the conviction and President Trump gave him his rank back, so he should quit while he’s ahead.