• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stand by for high seas, heavy rolls in NSW and JAGC

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I kind of wonder about that
WTF.. Why do people continue to talk about this turd? The only reason he is not in jail or flushed appropriately is due to politics and the Navy JAG who bundled the case.
Because AppleTV probably figured they’d make $ sensationalizing it.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Recommend reading Alpha and you'll have a more sympathetic view of the prosecution.
I read Alpha over the Thanksgiving break. Interesting read that made me realize my opinions of this case were supported not by facts (as they were laid out in the book) but by what was shown and explained on TV. I have a new found scorn for some of those talking heads on Fox. Talk about Unlawful Command Influence (coming from the POTUS). I recommend people read it.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I read Alpha over the Thanksgiving break. Interesting read that made me realize my opinions of this case were supported not by facts (as they were laid out in the book) but by what was shown and explained on TV. I have a new found scorn for some of those talking heads on Fox. Talk about Unlawful Command Influence (coming from the POTUS). I recommend people read it.
While I concur with your analysis and agree with what you have learned from the book, there is nothing but unlawful command influence in many, if not most, investigations and/or courts martial. This is why commands lost control in sexual assault cases.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
That Is not undue command influence. That is simply the person with legal disposition authority (sometimes) making a bad call. Two very different things.
I beg to differ, I agree when it comes to SA Female and PO1 Tough Guy, I am counting the hundreds of times rather senior, or “promising” officers, slip the noose only because of what is clearly undue command influence. This isn’t insider information, this is what Congress has been yelling about.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I beg to differ, I agree when it comes to SA Female and PO1 Tough Guy, I am counting the hundreds of times rather senior, or “promising” officers, slip the noose only because of what is clearly undue command influence. This isn’t insider information, this is what Congress has been yelling about.
I think you're getting caught up in some technicalities WRT the legal terminology. Let's say a sexual assault occurs at an O5 command. Investigation ensues. Under current rules, that O5's ISIC (O6) has disposition authority... can send the case to CM, or dismiss. If that O6 decides to cut the perp a break because they're "promising," that's making a bad/unethical judgment call. If the O7 above the O6 leans on him to dismiss, then that is undue command influence.

Hope that helps.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
I think you're getting caught up in some technicalities WRT the legal terminology. Let's say a sexual assault occurs at an O5 command. Investigation ensues. Under current rules, that O5's ISIC (O6) has disposition authority... can send the case to CM, or dismiss. If that O6 decides to cut the perp a break because they're "promising," that's making a bad/unethical judgment call. If the O7 above the O6 leans on him to dismiss, then that is undue command influence.

Hope that helps.
I get what you are saying.