• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY11 School Selections

kekio86

I called Mr. Ed Straten today and he said that I will be getting my orders in 2 weeks! I am in Jacksonville FL, I would like to move to San Diego before NSI, Is that possible? Meaning is the navy paying for that move? Or do I have to wait until NSI graduation?
Thanks,
PM me PS's or YN's!!!!

adamsar

Kekio once you get orders your can setup your move, I called HHG and they told me to pick a date for my stuff to get picked up, and since you CONUS the vehicle is on you.
See you in SD!

kekio86

I am moving myself, I don't have a lot of stuff. Can't wait to get my orders, have you re-enlisted for the 36 months yet?

kekio86

kekio your orders will have instructions on reenlisting, mine said six years even though it's 36 month at STA-21
Thanks! that was my next question, about the instructions listed in your orders. Oceanwaiting are you PCSing as well? So, as soon as I get my orders I can apply for leave right?! I am trying to move everything and look at houses before NSI.
Thanks

oceanwaiting

FY-11 Core
I am PCSing, but geographically staying put. I was allowed 30 days before NSI (detach Jan, report NLT 18 Feb) and 32 days after to SDSU (grad 15 Apr, report NLT 17 May). that from what i heard is pretty standard.

MrsBerkO

FY-11 SWO Selectee
Is everything covered at SDSU witht he STA 21 money... Thats where I will be according to my orders, and I was wondering about the Fees... See you next month at NSI

MrsBerkO

FY-11 SWO Selectee
For those of you going to SDSU Fall 2011, have you already enrolled in the Summer semester after NSI, I'm not sure what extra steps I need to do to make sure I'm in the Summer semester. I would imagine we need to get schedules and what not, since the degree plan lists all the courses we need. I'm really confused on the whole College portion, mostly because I've been in the Navy since I graduated highschool and never had to go through the "College Enrollment" Process. Thanks in advance for your assistance!

kekio86

For those of you going to SDSU Fall 2011, have you already enrolled in the Summer semester after NSI, I'm not sure what extra steps I need to do to make sure I'm in the Summer semester. I would imagine we need to get schedules and what not, since the degree plan lists all the courses we need. I'm really confused on the whole College portion, mostly because I've been in the Navy since I graduated highschool and never had to go through the "College Enrollment" Process. Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Hey! I am goind to USD, but I believe that the Summer and Winter semesters are taken in Community Colleges (Mesa, SDCC, etc). I don't know if we also need to put an application to those colleges. If we do, I am pretty sure that we will get accepted within hours of putting the application in.

CoKoBean

Hab- My husband is at ODU right now for STA-21 and he likes the school, but hates the ROTC unit. They are all over the map, and no one seems to know their ass from their elbow, so that means a ton of musters, PT, meetings, volunteering, watches, etc, etc, etc. Not all NROTC universities really "do much", but ODU is NOT one of them. It is a total PITA and major time-waster. Expect to get a million texts and emails about the same thing every day and be treated like a 2 year old. Sigh...I swear I'm not bitter. ;-)

EM1(SW/AW) Hab

Hab- My husband is at ODU right now for STA-21 and he likes the school, but hates the ROTC unit. They are all over the map, and no one seems to know their ass from their elbow, so that means a ton of musters, PT, meetings, volunteering, watches, etc, etc, etc. Not all NROTC universities really "do much", but ODU is NOT one of them. It is a total PITA and major time-waster. Expect to get a million texts and emails about the same thing every day and be treated like a 2 year old. Sigh...I swear I'm not bitter. ;-)

Sorry to hear that. I don't have much choice due to already being in this area and at that school. Only two semesters though and if I have to muster 24 hours a day and 7 days a week then that is what I will have to do. I will still remain optimistic, because everything changes when you are in the military. Thank you for the heads up though! I look forward to meeting your husband soon! -Victor

LAX89

Hi EM1, Im going to be heading to ODU too. I spoke with someone at the unit the other day and he said there was about 12 of us that were going there.