• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY11 School Selections

kekio86

Just found out I am admitted to SDSU...hell yeah!

Congrats MAn!!!!
did you put any CLEPS in your application? I am just waiting on my CLEP transcript to get a decision from the board. Did you talk to Jessica Nunez? What program are you applying for?

OscarMyers

None
Saw that comment about ERAU and figured id give you guys the low down. Im down here right now and we are able to use are GI Bill. So what does that mean? If you are enrolled in the post 9/11 GI bill they will cover 100 percent of your tuition and flight costs. Im currently minoring in flight and its all paid for, pretty sweet deal. keep in mind the Unit integrates the officer candidates with the battalion. This isnt a pitch for Riddle, but if your heart set on going there or are looking for a school that accepts a butt ton of military transfer credits then this is the place. Hell the only reason im down here is because of the credit transfer. If you guys have any questions about riddle PM me.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
Auburn's a pretty well known and respected University. I'd say much more so than ERAU.

Well, of late there's a LOT of controversy going around, but that's another thread. Good to hear that from someone outside the campus though, I wasn't quite sure how well Auburn is known throughout the fleet.

<snip>
If you are enrolled in the post 9/11 GI bill they will cover 100 percent of your tuition and flight costs...
<snip>

That covers a majority of the schools on the list. If you're enrolled in the Post-9/11 G.I. Bill, that covers costs outside of the stipend whether you're at LSU, SDSU, Auburn, ERAU, and so on.

HOWEVER, that said, I'd say your reasoning is pretty sound for ERAU. I had no idea that the tuition costs came down that much after the stipend, nor did I know that they accepted that many military transfer credits.

I still stand by my plug for AU though. :D

Pags

N/A
pilot
Well, of late there's a LOT of controversy going around, but that's another thread. Good to hear that from someone outside the campus though, I wasn't quite sure how well Auburn is known throughout the fleet.

I'm not an Auburn guy, but the school and its NROTC unit has a good rep in the fleet. The school itself has a good rep as being pretty good academically (very good when you consider it's an SEC football school) and is ranked #85 by US News and World.. Nice campus, good social scene, lots of hot chicks. Not a terrible place to spend 3yrs. Get a job as a bartender and live the good life.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
I'm not an Auburn guy, but the school and its NROTC unit has a good rep in the fleet. The school itself has a good rep as being pretty good academically (very good when you consider it's an SEC football school) and is ranked #85 by US News and World.. Nice campus, good social scene, lots of hot chicks. Not a terrible place to spend 3yrs. Get a job as a bartender and live the good life.

A couple of the guys in the battalion that I've known have done that; they enjoyed their gigs as bartenders. Not a bad way to spend your time if you're single.

Not a bad place to spend time if you're married. There's a few national parks around here (Horseshoe Bend comes to mind), there's the Barber Motorsports Museum up near Birmingham, which houses over 900 motorcycles. Atlanta is a 2-hour drive away as well. Callaway Gardens is a nice place to visit.

There's plenty to do here if you look around. I can honestly say I was never really bored during my 2 1/2 years at Auburn.

Tori

Congrats MAn!!!!
did you put any CLEPS in your application? I am just waiting on my CLEP transcript to get a decision from the board. Did you talk to Jessica Nunez? What program are you applying for?

I am waiting on the CLEPs too. They said they would mail them last wednesday, but I know that doesn't take over a week to get there.

adamsar

I got admitted on the 8th to SDSU, they should have used your smart transcripts for CLEP scores until the official ones got there.

svt2nv03

I got accepted to University of Washington ranked number 41 in the nation. They were AWESOME!!! If anyone is interested, PM me and I can give you my advisors name. Had a decision a week after all my documents were in! Also accepted to University of Idaho just in case.

ETC

Lycurgus

Yeah, I talked with Jessica. I am gonna be a ISCOR major (International Security and Conflict Resolution). I don't have any CLEP. I have had NO time for college or anything else for that matter.

kekio86

I got admitted on the 8th to SDSU, they should have used your smart transcripts for CLEP scores until the official ones got there.

They would not take the CLEPs from the SMART transcript alone. I had to contact prometrics to get my CLEP transcripts.

byoder86

When did you initially apply? I sent mine in 27OCT (now realizing I should have applied before results came out)... still waiting. It still says pending online, and Jessica said it is in the final stage of review. I am applying this weekend to USD and UCLA as a backup... I still would much rather be at SDSU though....