• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 FY11 School Selections

Lycurgus

SDSU, UCSD, USD. Quick question, is there a drop dead date to have acceptance letters and degree plans in? I have been going back and forth with UCSD via e-mail. I haven't gotten a chance to call Ed yet. I am currently deployed....any help is appreciated.

svt2nv03

Ed said they need to be in before the first of the year, so the timeline is SHORT! I am doing University of Washington, University of Nebraska, University of Florida, Ohio State and Florida State

ETC

predikate

Texas, SDSU, UW. Called UT NROTC Unit and the LT was extremely helpful said they had plenty of space and he would work with the admissions office to get my application expedited.

adamanderson

SDSU, UCSD, USD. Quick question, is there a drop dead date to have acceptance letters and degree plans in? I have been going back and forth with UCSD via e-mail. I haven't gotten a chance to call Ed yet. I am currently deployed....any help is appreciated.

I've emailed the link given by UCSD for STA-21 applicants, as well as left messages for the NROTC LT. 3 or 4 times and have yet to recieve a response. Can you please tell me how you got UCSD to respond?

oceanwaiting

FY-11 Core
don't apply to UCSD, they do not give decisions until april, you're wasting your time and money because it'll be too late for the STA-21 deadline, i've asked last year as an alt and this year as a primary and got the same answer, including a snobbish "we have more than 4800 freshmen applicants so we consider them first" (read we don't need your gov't tuition).

skuzmin

don't apply to UCSD, they do not give decisions until april, you're wasting your time and money because it'll be too late for the STA-21 deadline, i've asked last year as an alt and this year as a primary and got the same answer, including a snobbish "we have more than 4800 freshmen applicants so we consider them first" (read we don't need your gov't tuition).

I received the same answer from them. If you really want to go to a UC-school, try UCLA. Call the NROTC unit at UCLA and ask to speak to LT Davenport. There are no guarantees, but it is worth a try.

Stick

pilot
Ed said they need to be in before the first of the year...more words

This is true, but if you haven't received the letter from your first choice then you can let Ed know and he can change your orders while in RI if needed. Just keep him in the loop so he knows its coming.

vicariousrider

War Eagle!
I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents here, but has anyone considered applying to Auburn University?

Granted, it's not ERAU, or any other "high-caliber" University (read: large sums of money out of pocket for your degree), but it's been fairly military friendly and other than typical university complaints (parking situation, etc) I was treated decently as an Officer Candidate by the University staff and the battalion. The University president is pro-military as well, no doubt lending to the (somewhat) military-friendly attitude the University has.

Tuition is usually less than the stipend, provided you don't have to stack any heavy semesters or repeat any classes. The College of Liberal Arts is pretty good; from what I understand Auburn has one of the better engineering programs in the U.S. (I haven't done any comparative research as of yet though) - considering it's on the list of the 17 schools authorized for Nuke Power STA-21 options, I'd say it has to be pretty good.

If you look around you can find a decent apartment. Opelika, next door to Auburn, has some decent living arrangements as well. Currently I'm in a 2-bedroom house and rent is $715.00/month + utilities.