• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmurty19

oh yeah, the marching thing is a "punishment" for having too many dinks! imagine that, trying to motivate us or something while taking more of our time away from getting qualified......hmmmmm
It would be nice if that rumor wasn't a rumor, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

jmurty19

I believe about 70 or so applied from nnptc, i don't know about nptu. But, the CO's recommendations are based separately from the two commands, so it depends on where you put your package in from.

fryguy022077

60 from one command? That just doesnt make any sense to me, we have 3000 on the enterprise and only 12 sailors applied and only 2 got in. How do you get 60 from one command? I must be missing something. Maybe a total of 60 nuke et's and mm's for the entire navy, is that what you mean? Is it a training command? If so I can't believe they would pick up that many without any fleet experience. Hopefully if it is actually over 100 who got picked up that may mean the program really opened up this year, and give normal dumb et's like myself a fighting shot!! :)

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
fryguy022077 said:
60 from one command? That just doesnt make any sense to me, we have 3000 on the enterprise and only 12 sailors applied and only 2 got in. How do you get 60 from one command? I must be missing something. Maybe a total of 60 nuke et's and mm's for the entire navy, is that what you mean? Is it a training command? If so I can't believe they would pick up that many without any fleet experience. Hopefully if it is actually over 100 who got picked up that may mean the program really opened up this year, and give normal dumb et's like myself a fighting shot!! :)

I may be wrong about this, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am, but I believe that nukes can only apply for STA while they at at NNPTC/NPTU (as a student, staff, etc). My hubby didn't know the exact # from last year, but he thought it was around 60, as well. And yeah, this is a training command.

But they really do pick up a lot of nukes with or without fleet experience. In my opinion, this happens b/c the nuke pipeline is very demanding, and if they can handle this, they should be able to handle college and beyond fine.

Correction to what I originally wrote: Last year, 55% of the applicants from NPTU were accepted.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Only nukes at nnptc or nptu can apply for the nuke option of STA 21... of those, sixty are selected with ten alternates. So between the two NPTU's and NNPTC, 60 are selected, about 50 are students.

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
turtle_sc said:
Are they out yet?!

As of 9am, they were not out. My hubby stopped by the CCC's office before leaving work this morning, and the chick there said they'd be out "sometime this week".

If the results are, in fact, released within the next couple o' days, can somebody please post that on here (as if you wouldn't, lol). Hubby is on mids and then has a few days off, so he won't be at work during the day to find out right away. Thanks.

STA-21-INTEL

He probably wouldn't have to wait to see the message anyway. Most commands (including my own, last year) get the word a day or two early then like to tell the individuals themselves before the message is out. I got picked up last year and my CO told me in private. The actual message wasn't out for almost a week after that.

By the way, if anyoner has any questions about BOOST or what happens after getting picked up, I'm in Newport now and happy to contribute.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
fryguy022077 said:
Results are out---and Im a no-go (oh well maybe next year) Best of luck to everyone else!!!

Where the %&$# are they posted? I can't find them anywhere, and my command seems to be clueless aswell!! :eek:

fryguy022077

The access is on bupers--I guess only the top people from the command can get into it. Im not sure where he saw it at but there is not message, just a list of all applicants from the command and wether or not they were a "select" or "not-select". There maybe a 1% shot of my ccc being wrong about this. If so---POST IT!!! I can still hope cant I :eek:

My CO just called me, 1605 eastern, and said I was going to become a naval aviator. I am in denial so far. I can’t wait till I see it on paper. He said he was just telling me so I could celebrate tonight. Good luck to everyone.

VarmintShooter

Bottom of the barrel
pilot
eazymfme said:
My CO just called me, 1605 eastern, and said I was going to become a naval aviator. I am in denial so far. I can’t wait till I see it on paper. He said he was just telling me so I could celebrate tonight. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.