• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

STA-21 Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Anyone know if the board has actually conviened? I heard through the grapevine that the results might be coming out "earlier than expected" this year. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything......

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
turtle_sc said:
I heard through the grapevine that the results might be coming out "earlier than expected" this year.

You're getting my hopes up! Actually, my hubby was supposed to ask for some specifics at work tonight- I'll post if he finds out anything useful.

NoLimit

per a message today
"DUE TO THE IMPACT OF HURRICANE IVAN ABOARD NAS PENSACOLA
AND SURROUNDING FACILITIES, THE PREVIOUSLY SCHEDULED
SEAMAN-TO-ADMIRAL 21 (STA-21) SELECTION BOARD HAS BEEN
DISESTABLISHED. ALL STA-21 APPLICATIONS AND RECORDS ARE INTACT.
NEW APPLICATIONS ARE NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ANOTHER STA-21 BOARD WILL BE CONVENED ASAP WITH RESULTS EXPECTED TO BE PUBLISHED NLT END NOV."

hopefully things will move along!

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
NoLimit said:
per a message today
ANOTHER STA-21 BOARD WILL BE CONVENED ASAP WITH RESULTS EXPECTED TO BE PUBLISHED NLT END NOV."

Fabulous, first my mother-in-law calls, and now this :eek:

NukeWife

Smiling like I mean it
NoLimit said:
per a message today

Hey, can I ask where you got this info? My hubby asked at the CCC's office this morning, and was told that while they are not 100% sure they can do it, they are still trying to adhere by the original dates.

Apparently, if they wait longer than the original dates, the Navy will run in to some conflicts, since they are already anticipating those who don't get selected to hit the fleet in Nov...plus some other things that I don't remember (kids do that to you.)

turtle_sc

STA-21 Non-select
Yeah, I finally got around to checking the incoming traffic and there it was. Oh well, it sounds like they might have the results sooner than the end of Nov, but they want to cover themselves just in case. SUCKS!

jmurty19

Sent : Monday, October 4, 2004 11:21 AM
To : Edited
Subject : RE: sta-21 website

| | | Inbox

Good Morning,

There has been no selections for the STA-21 program. The boards were cancelled
due to Hurricane Ivan, but reconvened today. We hope to have the results by the
end of the month or the first of Nov.

Vicki ********
STA-21 SELECTIONS

This is from a civilian who I have been in contact for the last month or so. Expect the results to come out in about 2 weeks (rough guess).

--------
Note: Do not post other email addresses or Names without consent!
-ea6bflyr (ed)

nfo2b

Well, not anymore... :(
Ah, yes. The waiting. The miserable waiting. I feel for you guys. But good luck to all hopefuls!

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Luckily I'm going hunting so it'll take my mind off of it for the next week and a half. Elk in Wyoming, watch out!! :D

jmurty19

sorry ea6bflyr, won't happen again. Anyway, its the 26th and still waiting!!!!!! Oh well, too busy getting qualified to get too caught up in it. Good luck to everyone!

STA21pilot

Am I missing something??? I heard this morning that someone said they got picked up as an alternate for STA this year.

Are the results out???

jmurty19

Nothing that I can find that would indicate that the results are out pilot. Sorry! Ask your friend where he got that info and post it up if you would. thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.