• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stationary for the office of the Commandant of the USMC uses the same format as the one pictured above. I am sure it aggravates them. Their own patented cammie pattern, but can't get their own stationary in the Commandant's office.

That they got from the Canadians of all folks...figures.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I never heard that. It wasn't an original design, just patented/copyrighted by them?

Yes and no. The MARPAT patterns were derived from CADPAT which the Canucks use(d) (I think they may have transitioned to Multicam by now). It's not an exact copy but uses much of the same technology.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I never heard that. It wasn't an original design, just patented/copyrighted by them?

The Marines basically changed the colors and added a little EGA to the pattern, then copyrighted it.

Yes and no. The MARPAT patterns were derived from CADPAT which the Canucks use(d) (I think they may have transitioned to Multicam by now). It's not an exact copy but uses much of the same technology.

Not sure if they wear it on combat deployments but Canucks are still rocking their digis 'in garrison', with full-sized flags now.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Space Force unveiled their prototype uniforms today. I think the colors are a nice combo but the asymmetrical buttons and high collar are a bit too much, and a bit too Starship Trooper-esque as well:

And their enlisted rank insignia was published earlier this week too. I actually like them with the exception of the 'Top 3' who really didn't need to separate out the 'delta' and the globe parts, makes it too busy and seems like they are trying too hard. I do like how they 'fixed' the Sergeant rank at E-5 though:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Space Force unveiled their prototype uniforms today. I think the colors are a nice combo but the asymmetrical buttons and high collar are a bit too much, and a bit too Starship Trooper-esque as well:

View attachment 32697

And their enlisted rank insignia was published earlier this week too. I actually like them with the exception of the 'Top 3' who really didn't need to separate out the 'delta' and the globe parts, makes it too busy and seems like they are trying too hard. I do like how they 'fixed' the Sergeant rank at E-5 though:

View attachment 32699

View attachment 32698
I saw the enlisted ranks and thought “OK, that actually looks decent,” but those uniforms? Cringe city . . . it’s like when the AF prototyped chokers and ended up just looking like the love child of General Veers and the Waffen-SS.