• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An excellent candidate for the official Space Force song:

All we have to do to annoy the space cadets here is to sing 'Space Force!' from the song.

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Wait…is he wearing a Navy Expeditionary Medal or a poorly placed Air Medal? Top row, second ribbon.

exNavyOffRec

The Space Force unveiled their prototype uniforms today. I think the colors are a nice combo but the asymmetrical buttons and high collar are a bit too much, and a bit too Starship Trooper-esque as well:

View attachment 32697

And their enlisted rank insignia was published earlier this week too. I actually like them with the exception of the 'Top 3' who really didn't need to separate out the 'delta' and the globe parts, makes it too busy and seems like they are trying too hard. I do like how they 'fixed' the Sergeant rank at E-5 though:

View attachment 32699

View attachment 32698
I wonder how many who were approved for lateral transfers are now looking at this and going "well shit".

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to admit, these guys are going to have a tough go for a long time. Any effort to differentiate themselves and try to reflect the mission is going to come off as Starship Trooper/Star Trek/ Star Wars, etc. It is hard to pull off. Maybe, in it's own way, putting up with the sarcasm, put downs and embarrassment is something like a rite they must endure, requiring it's own kind of courage....Nah! ?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Fwiw me and the various other Naval Officers on the USSF HQ staff repeatedly recommended Navy ranks in both mildly joking and serious ways last year. A lot of that stuff was close hold at the 3/4 star level and the Service Department level and we didn’t hear about it until the press release. ?

Can confirm they give our AF Comms as awards, similar to Marines getting Navy Comms. Getting that into my official record was a gigantic pain in the ass with SECNAV awards folks.

Oh and their entire existence is a gigantic waste of money and resources, and probably the best example of DC’s dysfunction. Lobbyists/contractors with former Flags on staff float the cleaving off of the space directorate of USAF so they can have their 4 stars sit in budget meetings with the AF 4 stars because god forbid a 3 star attends a meeting with a 4 star. An administration with a knack for branding thinks it sounds cool and Congress trades it for paid family leave, with the assurances made NRO, NGA, NASA, and elsewhere that a “Space Force” won’t have anything to do with them. So we have an entire fucking military department who’s entire job is GPS sats, (some) comm sat, and radar stations to monitor space. But hey, everyone got rich, so fuck it.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Looks like they started with something from the civil war...and then stopped. Certainly not the futuristic cut I would have expected.

I also wouldn't be surprised when you see Guardians with USN/USMC/USA awards as there were folks who lat xferd in from those services...saw a few names I knew on those lists.