• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Space Force Officer Relieved After Denouncing CRT/Marxism

SlickAg

pilot
So now I'm very curious. If a Marxist revolution happened by rewriting the constitution almost completely, would you not see that as a failure on the behalf of all those who swore an oath to protect it? Or would you just be like, "cool, this is the same constitution, even though it's values are completely different, and I guess I'm a Marxist now. Go democracy!"
I think it would depend on whether or not there was mandatory covid vaccination written into it. Laws against "free-loaders" is the endgame here.

Sweet Jesus Pags, that is NOT what I’m saying here. We have Elementary and High School programs that are asking Caucasian students to publically state they are “sorry” for their white privilege and will strive to atone for their white racist past. It’s happening, in more places than you realize. You might want to ask, specifically, if your kids teachers and administrators endorse this philosophy.
Overall, I think it's telling that the people who gleefully supported all the covid lockdowns and mask-wearing this past year and decried and denounced anyone who dared question the "authorities" and the "experts" are the very same people talking about how much of a non-threat this is because it isn't happening in "their area" or it's just "anecdotes". They won't care about it until they're told to by the mainstream media or it affects them personally.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Sweet Jesus Pags, that is NOT what I’m saying here. We have Elementary and High School programs that are asking Caucasian students to publically state they are “sorry” for their white privilege and will strive to atone for their white racist past. It’s happening, in more places than you realize. You might want to ask, specifically, if your kids teachers and administrators endorse this philosophy.

Is this really part of an approved curriculum, or just a nut job teacher? If it's part of an approved curriculum, that's terrible. Genuinely curious, because you can find examples of teachers doing stupid shit everywhere.

robav8r

None
Contributor
Is this really part of an approved curriculum, or just a nut job teacher? If it's part of an approved curriculum, that's terrible. Genuinely curious, because you can find examples of teachers doing stupid shit everywhere.

Fair question, and to be honest, I’m obviously not part of the Fairfax/Loudoun County school system. Now, maybe, I’m more aligned with the evils that are occurring based on my political leanings and ideology. I get that. But, the number of incidents I have heard about from a very wide network of teachers, parents and administrators is disturbing. I don’t think any school age kid should have to apologize for their race, heritage, religion, etc.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I don’t think any school age kid should have to apologize for their race, heritage, religion, etc.

That opinion is likely held by a teeming majority of teachers, parents and school administrators across the nation.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
We have Elementary and High School programs that are asking Caucasian students to publically state they are “sorry” for their white privilege and will strive to atone for their white racist past.
Ironically, this is how most kids learn racism. Before assignments like this, the brown kid sitting next to them is just another kid.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ironically, this is how most kids learn racism. Before assignments like this, the brown kid sitting next to them is just another kid.
Funny you say that. I learned about it by watching my black friend’s family get treated differently and wondering why. I think it’s really stretching to say that “most kids” learn about racism based on school curriculums.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot

Kid was just sitting there all peaceful like, being colorblind and kind. Teacher comes outta nowhere. BAM! Now the kid's apologizing for his ancestors. He didn't even know these people! What even is race? And suddenly the kid next to him looks a little darker, a little more dangerous...

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I think it’s really stretching to say that “most kids” learn about racism based on school curriculums.
I don't.

Do you really think that > 50% of white American families sit their kids down to have 'a talk' about different races? That > 50% of families regularly disparage minorities and use racial slurs in the household?

If not, then the difference is made up in school.

robav8r

None
Contributor
That opinion is likely held by a teeming majority of teachers, parents and school administrators across the nation.
Yeah, I hope your right. Just sharing some observations and experiences of those on the front lines . . .

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, I hope your right. Just sharing some observations and experiences of those on the front lines . . .
It's ultimately irrelevant what the majority believes. What's relevant is that the decision matrix of a typical school administrator is going to prioritize the path of least resistance, which means placating the loud minority.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I don't.

Do you really think that > 50% of white American families sit their kids down to have 'a talk' about different races? That > 50% of families regularly disparage minorities and use racial slurs in the household?

If not, then the difference is made up in school.
That's a lovely false dichotomy you have crafted.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
That's a lovely false dichotomy you have crafted.
If you say so. In my experience, kids learn that people of different colors are 'different' in school. My kids know relatives who speak very little English and never asked a thing about them until...yep... some teacher told them some bullshit.

They all 'look white,' so eventually there will be a day where someone accuses them of lying about their mother's family heritage. Can't wait to have that talk.

Kids don't see color and race. They just see other kids, and naturally people have different shades because of course they do and that's all they know. It's as natural as grass being green and water being wet. Why even think about it? Because some adult tells them to. We ruin their innocence in the name of being 'woke.' It's disgusting.

Last edited:

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you say so. In my experience, kids learn that people of different colors are 'different' in school. My kids know relatives who speak very little English and never asked a thing about them until...yep... some teacher told them some bullshit.

They all 'look white,' so eventually there will be a day where someone accuses them of lying about their mother's family heritage. Can't wait to have that talk.

Kids don't see color and race. They just see other kids, and naturally people have different shades because of course they do and that's all they know. It's as natural as grass being green and water being wet. Why even think about it? Because some adult tells them to. We ruin their innocence in the name of being 'woke.' It's disgusting.
This is an astonishingly Pollyanna view of race relations in this country.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have some kids and report back.
It has nothing to do with kids. I'm talking about your views that the primary source of individual awareness of racial differences and bias in our society is because it is taught in school. "But for Mrs Smith's 5th grade social studies class, little Johnny would have no external cues that in many places in this country, white people still treat non-white people differently." That's what you're going with?

There's a book I'm going to recommend you read. It's called Caste. I know you won't read it, but somebody else might. I don't agree with everything in it, but it's a pretty eye opening look at the history of race in this country and the lingering effects of slavery and Jim Crow in our society.