• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sickening Fly over pic {Beware}

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I did, I assumed plane guard... Although I don't think that it's going from right to left (at least not when the picture was snapped), looking at the rotorwash in the water below it, it looks to me to be hovering...

I think it is hovering also. I meant right to left as in the direction it is facing. I just didn't word it properly.

puck_11

Growler LSO
pilot
Updated Version of that photo

I remember reading in Naval Aviation News that it took like 9 months of briefings and ORM prep to get this picture taken.

Attachments

• 060618-N-8492C-212.jpg
    060618-N-8492C-212.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • 060618-N-8591H-383.jpg
    060618-N-8591H-383.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 234

fudog50

The pictures posted by Puck 11 were last years Valiant Shield.

72 Lincoln on the port, 63 Kitty Hawk Center and 76 Reagan starboard.

I was on 72.

I got lots more pics if anybody wants them, some frameable, and some perfoming other manuevers in formations.

Pretty awesome display of power

Let me know.

JustAGuy

pilot
I guess I am the only one who thinks it is cool?
Not a cool flyover, but an impressive picture. Lots of power in that picture. I wish the Hornets were in Form a little better....but oh well.

Those are from this year's Valiant Shield, and funy enough, there is not a single plane in there from any of the carriers. All land based Hornets in that picture.

Look the photo is cool, but how hard is it for the Buff driver to fly over the CENTER carrier? What is going through his head?

Not sure which pass this was because the "Official" photo that came out was a picture from the Helo you see looking back at the carrier groups and up at the planes.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Yeah that is our helo hovering down low in the pic. We had 2 up taking pics. The other one was taking the "official picture." And yes the freakin B-52 couldnt seem to find the center carrier.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
Those are from this year's Valiant Shield, and funy enough, there is not a single plane in there from any of the carriers. All land based Hornets in that picture.

Bad gouge....there are CVW-5 aircraft (the supers) in the picture. Check your sources.

FlyMikeFly

Happiness is Vectored Thrust
pilot
Contributor
How Harriers Roll

Again, let the Marines lead the way in showing off a real flyby. Check out the link below.

Or he's another one that is pretty impressive.

And yet another.