• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sickening Fly over pic {Beware}

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mirage F1's in Chad.
Low-level desert flying starts in at about 2min
That's the clip (@ 2 minutes) but, again .... "high-brow" music. Mo' Bettah' music on the one I'm thinking of ... yeah, yeah, I know it's all relative. :)

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it. It's been posted on AW's before, but I just can't find it. I'm old.

*edit* found it .... thanks for the help, guys.
LOW FLYING FRENCHIES

Song "The Champions" by ERA on their album "The Mass" ???

Paul Burke

I think the B-52 Pilot was refilling his coffee mug while the co-pilot was on the can reading that morning's issue of the Washington Gazette.

How long ago did they take the numbers off the bow of the ships?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
How long ago did they take the numbers off the bow of the ships?

The numbers are still on the bows of most ships... cruisers, destroyers, frigates, etc. They are on the superstructures of carriers and large deck amphibs.

Paul Burke

I guess what I meant was when did they take the numbers off the bows of carriers. I remember something about an F-18 landing on the wrong carrier in the Persian Gulf. Now he would have had an excuse.

800px-USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
I guess what I meant was when did they take the numbers off the bows of carriers. I remember something about an F-18 landing on the wrong carrier in the Persian Gulf. Now he would have had an excuse.

800px-USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

So that's what the number on the island is for. I thought it was the temperature.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
No he wouldn't. No one os flying down the side to the carrier to check out the numbers prior to their landing.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I hadn't heard of such an incident. There's urban legends amongst the AB's, but it seems unlikely it ever happened.