• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I stay or should I go? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love HSC.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Tranquilo, hermanos. Just because I put a cherry in the old fashion doesn’t mean you have to eat it. I could say the same about your need to add sugar/ simple syrup to your cocktail (which I don’t).

And yes, I doubt they have the ingredients for a mint julep at bars in Moscow. I don’t think they keep fresh mint sprigs around. But I’ll stand corrected if someone goes to Russia, finds a mint julep, and posts the photo on AW.

Notanaviator

Contributor
This thread is headed in a great direction. Pags, McKenna 10yr is starting to become hard to find in my neck of the woods, as folks can’t find the Weller they tracked down to replace the Pappy they stopped being able to find. Great bourbon.

Pags

N/A
pilot
This thread is headed in a great direction. Pags, McKenna 10yr is starting to become hard to find in my neck of the woods, as folks can’t find the Weller they tracked down to replace the Pappy they stopped being able to find. Great bourbon.
I had to hunt around a bit in SoMD to find it as well. Worth the effort.

I also went on a bit of a trek to find this guy:

But I've yet to find Black Maple Hill locally and haven't had a chance to make it outside of the sticks to find a Total Wine.

Last edited:

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The only thing I really have to add is that the bartender technically screwed up my Manhattan during RIMPAC last year, and it tasted so glorious I now have them double up the bitters on purpose every time.

Oh, and there is no need for excessive vermouth in a martini. Just face Rome when you pour the gin. Vodka is blasphemy and heresy; even Bond himself actually drank a Vesper instead.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
even Bond himself actually drank a Vesper instead.
Funny you should mention that, I was watching Octopussy tonight.....I didn't fully understand how cheesy 80s Bond films were until tonight. Swinging from trees like Tarzan? ?‍♂️

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
If you have the means, I highly recommend this: