• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I stay or should I go? Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying And Love HSC.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
I thought we had moved past the cheap shit in naval aviation. I, apparently, was mistaken

JB is not a shit, it's just bourbon, you know it, and I like it. There are avid "bourbonists" even in Russia. Pure stuff - no ice, no juice, no soda, no cola nothing... Well, Jack Daniels' is better (i.e. not so stinking) with cola, but this is not bourbon as such, AFAIK. At Feb 23rd, an old Soviet Military holyday, in a couple of bars around I've noticed quite few people drinking vodka - a lot more already have better taste and order Whiskey and bourbon. Just my $ 0.02:p
What about Single Malt (Connemara in that case ) my fellow once told that there were probably not the casks where this stuff aged, it was rather an old worn out Army boots, if we should concider a smell:D

Hair Warrior

Contributor
@Max the Mad Russian I noticed that too when traveling in Europe. Young Scots are now drinking American bourbon, not Scotch.

Do me a favor, next time you’re in Moscow or Sevastopol or Kaliningrad (where do you live again?) and at a decent bar, see if they can make you an Old Fashion.

2 parts bourbon
1 slice of orange, crushed or squeezed into the glass
2 cherries
1-3 dashes of Angostura bitters
ice

I’m not too confident in their ability to make a mint julep.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
@Max the Mad Russian I noticed that too when traveling in Europe. Young Scots are now drinking American bourbon, not Scotch.

Do me a favor, next time you’re in Moscow or Sevastopol or Kaliningrad (where do you live again?) and at a decent bar, see if they can make you an Old Fashion.

2 parts bourbon
2 cherries
ice

No no no, an old fashioned should never have fruit muddled in with the bourbon. It just makes it taste like a bourbony fruit punch. The only ingredients should be:
Bourbon
Simple syrup
Bitters
Garnish with a cherry or orange peel

Maybe it’s time we start an AW drinking thread. ?

Treetop Flyer

pilot

2 parts bourbon
2 cherries
ice

You aren’t too confident in their ability to muddle mint, sugar, and water then pour in bourbon and ice? It’s one of the simplest cocktails around.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
No no no, an old fashioned should never have fruit muddled in with the bourbon. It just makes it taste like a bourbony fruit punch. The only ingredients should be:
Bourbon
Simple syrup
Bitters
Garnish with a cherry or orange peel

Maybe it’s time we start an AW drinking thread. ?

Cherries in a drink are fucking gross.

This is my old fashioned:

One cube of sugar (crushed).
Splash of water.
Two dashes of angostura bitters. Orange bitters will do in a pinch, but I think they make the drink too sweet and fruity.
Wip your orange peel around the rim of the glass and then garnish with it afterwards.
One big ass ice cube.
Rye.

Stir lightly. Sit back in smug satisfaction while basking in your toxic masculinity.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Cherries in a drink are fucking gross.

This is my old fashioned:

One cube of sugar (crushed).
Splash of water.
Two dashes of angostura bitters. Orange bitters will do in a pinch, but I think they make the drink too sweet and fruity.
Wip your orange peel around the rim of the glass and then garnish with it afterwards.
One big ass ice cube.
Rye.

Stir lightly. Sit back in smug satisfaction while basking in your toxic masculinity.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Page after page of people bitching about HSC ultimately devolves into how to best get drunk.

Makes sense to me!
hqdefault.jpg

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Old Overholt (whiskey from that Mad Men scene - look in the bottom right corner) is the best damn rye for the money.