• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service Selection Results

Navyfan06

pilot
El Cid- Sorry it took so long to get back but here are the results...7 people got pilot 1 got BUDS and the rest got SWO or are still waiting. Any advice pertaining to API, living in Pcola or any other useful info you can share?

Found out some interesting news the other day...

Apparently P-Cola holds back some pilot slots/nfo slots/swo/etc for those that are awaiting news about Nuke positions... That way those guys don't get screwed into their 3rd choice or something just because they didn't get a Nuke spot.

The selection for Nukes is different that the rest of us b/c there is an interview portion. Therefore, you could, in theory, walk into the interview with a 4.0 in Chem and Mech Engineering and totally fail the interview and NOT get a Nuke spot. How fair is it to then turn around and say, "Okay Mr. Smarty pants, you just got your 3rd choice b/c the Admiral didn't like what you had to say and all the rest of the slot have already been given out..."??

Long story short, this may be part of the reason some Mids haven't found out yet about getting pilot or otherwise...

jai5w4:icon_smil

WEGL

no news

Anyone else still waiting to hear? A buddy of mine and I are both summer grads, and we're the only ones who haven't heard, I suspect that may be why... who else hasn't heard and are you a summer grad?

Oakley568

DI$BO
I just found out yesterday that I got a PILOT slot (I'm from CMUNROTC in Pittsburgh) and so did the other 2 guys that put in for it. I also registered here yesterday, although I used this site for the ASTB gouge a few years back...I can't wait to start!

minteod42

Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear about their service selection results? I am still awaiting for SWO. I am a engr. major with a 3.0 gpa and a 4.0 aptitude and I still havent heard. My LTs have said that my gpa wasnt high enough and thats why I am still awaiting news, not to sure about that. Anyone else in the same boat or have some info on this. :icon_rage

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
minteod42 said:
Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear about their service selection results? I am still awaiting for SWO. I am a engr. major with a 3.0 gpa and a 4.0 aptitude and I still havent heard. My LTs have said that my gpa wasnt high enough and thats why I am still awaiting news, not to sure about that. Anyone else in the same boat or have some info on this. :icon_rage
Yeah, no one at my unit has heard about SWO yet. Its gotten some of them so spooked they went and asked for nuke interviews.

YIKES!:eek:

Oakley568

DI$BO
SWO's won't find out until next week, at the earliest. Everyone that requested SWO from the Academy or from NROTC was put into a national ranking system and will be given a time (sometime next week or the week after I heard) that was based on said ranking to select their ship. This is what our SWO LT told me a few weeks back. Good luck, and I think you should be fine.

WEGL

minteod42 said:
I am a engr. major with a 3.0 gpa and a 4.0 aptitude and I still havent heard. :icon_rage

I thought all you needed for SWO was a pulse...

I keed, I keed. :D

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I guess I don't understand what happens if you DON'T get selected for SWO. Not everyone can be a nuke, either, so is it so long, thanks for playing?

minteod42

I dunno what happens if you dont get SWO thats why I am a little worried. A few years ago Mids here got Individual Ready Reserve and were ensigns for one day. Everyone in my unit has allready heard that the got a swo designation back in early january. Its been two months since than and I am still awaiting designation.

All the future SWO's and SWOettes found out their designator futures before Christmas here at our unit...

Now the Ship Selection is a different game entirely. That comes out in a little while. That is the "National ranking" refered to above... There's a single list of everyone (SWO), ranked. They are then allowed to "select" a ship/port of their choice, but it's first ranked, first served and so on down the line. It's my understanding DDG's, San Diego and Norfolk go fast...

jai5w4

Chubby

gatordev said:
I guess I don't understand what happens if you DON'T get selected for SWO. Not everyone can be a nuke, either, so is it so long, thanks for playing?
A couple of years ago they were giving them a General URL designator and giving them two years to sort it out in the fleet. Sounded like a raw deal.