• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Service member being an idiot

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
You (and others) have placed me into a box based on your perception of issues we've discussed here. I'm probably a little more rangey than you give me credit for. :D
We may disagree on career paths and what it takes to get to the top of the proverbial hill, but retired idiots going out of their way to hassle AD folks should be uniformly taken to task. When I'm retired and tending to my precious grapevines in my beloved state of Oregon, the last thing on my mind will be what some JO is doing with their fight suit. The very notion that there are people who care about this kind of thing needs to be agressively addressed. Retired? Think you have an opinon? Shut the fuck up. I will happily crush any retired asshole, regardless of previous rank who interjects their opinion about uniforms or whatever with me or my people. It's a ridiculous notion that nobody should tollerate.

I applaude and agree with your sentiment, but where does that leave us JOs when people, who far outrank us, take heed of ANYthing a retired flag has to say? Whether it's a noise complaint or a phone call about a uniform issue to a spineless/supplicating/overly respectful CO/XO, it seems like if the front office cares what they say, then your point isn't valid and someone can "reach out and touch you". Or worst case, if they are good buddies with another active flag or O-6, and exert their influence.

On PAPER, they shouldn't be able to do shit and ought to be told to pack sand, especially if they're wrong. But in reality, politics beats all.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
These guys can't pull your ID and they rate zero information from you. Unless they're your CO's golf partner, ignore them outright. As has been represented in this thread, most of the time, they have no idea what they're talking about or what the current regs are. They presume to call you out with incomplete or outdated infromation - give them the hand and go about your business.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Will I have to deal with too many people like this when I get in? Being under one's command doesn't seem pleasant. Correcting that behavior would get tedious.
Only in the wives club...

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will happily crush any retired asshole, regardless of previous rank who interjects their opinion about uniforms or whatever with me or my people. It's a ridiculous notion that nobody should tollerate.
Wow... that's a bit heavy. I am sure if I referred to "any active duty asshole, regardless of rank" in an AW post, I'd be banned for life. Disappointing and unnecessary. Class warfare v retirees?:(
BzB

CAMike

None
Contributor
An important distinction. :D Seriously though - why should we tollerate outrageous behavior from these people?

For nothing other than...

1. They served for more years than you have.
2. You're not familiar with the experiences than made them who they are.
3. Respect for age comes with the good and bad. Their wisdom is present ...somewhere.

Not criticizing- just saying.

Every time that I observe the older types showing deference to their "much" older types I feel that I'm observing a good lesson in life.

KBayDog

For nothing other than...

1. They served for more years than you have.
2. You're not familiar with the experiences than made them who they are.
3. Respect for age comes with the good and bad. Their wisdom is present ...somewhere.

Not criticizing- just saying.

Every time that I observe the older types showing deference to their "much" older types I feel that I'm observing a good lesson in life.

All of this makes it okay a retiree to harass an AD guy about trivial shit?

exNavyOffRec

A retiree could the passive thing such as "when I was in we couldn't do XXXX" and see what the response is, people (retirees) should know that things always change and if an individual is wearing a clean uniform and acts like he is doing the right thing than he probably is, and if he isn't doing the right thing then he at least has the balls to make it look like he is doing the right thing.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All of this makes it okay a retiree to harass an AD guy about trivial shit?
No, we shouldn't... it's not OK (harassment sucks), that wasn't my point.
An important distinction. :D Seriously though - why should we tollerate outrageous behavior from these people?
See above. My point was we should show some respect for each other on the forum, regardless of rank/rate. After all if you stay safe, healthy, along with a bit of luck... you'll become a #!$@% retiree some day (...if SocSec still lives)!;)
Busy Bee in Horspital.gif
BzB

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Wow... that's a bit heavy. I am sure if I referred to "any active duty asshole, regardless of rank" in an AW post, I'd be banned for life. Disappointing and unnecessary. Class warfare v retirees?:(
BzB
I call active duty guys assholes and idiots all the time. Of course I do the same to retirees, wanna-bes, civilians, dogs, cats and all the other assorted vermin who dare to disagree with me. I'm very PC in that I'm an equal opportunity shit slinger.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
I'm at an ATM machine in Coronado getting money and wearing my flight suit in 99. A retired Admiral stops his car, walks up to me and after introducing himself, begins to explain to me why I'm setting a poor example as a Naval Officer by flagrantly flaunting the rules and wearing my flight suit off base..

More than a decade before, in 1987 I stopped at the NFCU ATM (back of the bldg no drive through then out the front of Corry) to get $ as the Navy Exchange gas station at Corry CC reader was down (keep with me folks, years before debit cards) and I was flat out of gas in the old Ensignmobile 1987 Scirocco . All have is the bag I am wearing. Strip it down to the waist, get my $, out of the car a max of two minutes. Marine 2nd Lt comes up the car in whatever his uniform is to tell me I was wrong. I told him understood and here's the situation.

He apparently gets my tag# contacts security and gets my name and then VT-10 student control and then I get called in by a LT and lectured on uniform regs.

Nice job Marine. You're just the kind of shipmate I want. Assclown.

phrogpilot73

I call active duty guys assholes and idiots all the time. Of course I do the same to retirees, wanna-bes, civilians, dogs, cats and all the other assorted vermin who dare to disagree with me. I'm very PC in that I'm an equal opportunity shit slinger.
Please note he didn't include reservists. That's because most of us aren't douchebags (present company excluded)...

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks Hal, as I arise from the floor after ROFLing. You turned a :( into a :) once again. Haven't laughed so hard since you squeezed that DC-10 under the GATE!:eek:
BzB

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Haven't laughed so hard since you squeezed that DC-10 under the GATE!:eek:
BzB
And those mad flying skillz are why I'm at "The Show"! ;)
Please note he didn't include reservists. That's because most of us aren't douchebags (present company excluded)...
Yeah I did...."dogs, cats and all other assorted vermin". I was just being PC and not calling you mongrel pussy mutts.....