• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sequester

RiseR 25

I know that this is an NROTC thread. Any speculation on how sequester may affect accessions on the OCS side? I know they got rid of AOCS a few years back.

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
Hopefully you won't end up like some classmates that got sent home in 2002/2003 since the Navy had too many SNAs and not enough money.....

RiseR 25

By the geometry, I would estimate Mach 1.8. Or maybe can't go anywhere, depends on the maintenance capabilities of their air force.

RiseR 25

Yikes, hopefully not. My recruiter made me retake the ASTB to get the scores up to the above average range of the guys that made the last board.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Remember, if it asks you if you like to speed, ride roller coasters, or break some rules, say YES.

Unless the question is about doing ludicrously dangerous things that go over and above calculated risks and thrill seeking... when you come across that question, you answer NO.

Atrapitis.gif

Corsair2002

Sequestration Fodder
pilot
Unless the question is about doing ludicrously dangerous things that go over and above calculated risks and thrill seeking... when you come across that question, you answer NO.

Atrapitis.gif

Yes, unnecessary risk like welding a half filled gas tank...no.

RiseR 25

Awesome, thanks for the advice on the speeding part, and the calculated risk. Admiral Ackbar makes good points as well.