• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sequester

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
As someone who has been through a half dozen or so of these "budget crises", all I have to say is "this too shall pass". It is the flavor of the year, and just like everything else political and leadership related, if you wait long enough, it will go away. Will there be some changes in the way we operate? Maybe, in the short term. When it comes to the long term way that we operate/maintain/take care of our folks, I put my money on intertia every time.
The O-5 and below crowd should not be sweating the political failure that is happening with our civilian leadership in D.C..

LET73

As someone who has been through a half dozen or so of these "budget crises", all I have to say is "this too shall pass". It is the flavor of the year, and just like everything else political and leadership related, if you wait long enough, it will go away. Will there be some changes in the way we operate? Maybe, in the short term. When it comes to the long term way that we operate/maintain/take care of our folks, I put my money on intertia every time.
The O-5 and below crowd should not be sweating the political failure that is happening with our civilian leadership in D.C..
I'm not sweating the fact of cuts in defense spending. That's inevitable, and should be manageable. What's frustrating is that there seems to be no effort to figure out where the cuts need to happen--this current crisis du jour is pretty much entirely self-imposed, and everyone involved appears to be more interested in scoring points than in figuring out solutions. I've got every confidence that we'll make it through, eventually, but it didn't need to get to this point in the first place.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
It seems to me that the whole sequester allows both parties to cut some of the DoD and blame the other party. Something neither party could/would do alone.

Too bad the cuts weren't made in an intelligent manner.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Are pilots assigned to CAWs that are standing down at risk of losing their jobs?

WTF is a CAW? And I'd guess that the guys in carrier air wings (CVWs) are probably just going to drown in made up ground job tomfoolery for the next few months. Lots and lots of FOD walk and command PT in their future :)

sethmanwilli

I recently submitted my package for the June Supply/SWO OCS boards and I am concerned that sequestration will affect the probability that I will be accepted. Does anybody have any insight to how budget cuts will affect prospective officers?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I recently submitted my package for the June Supply/SWO OCS boards and I am concerned that sequestration will affect the probability that I will be accepted. Does anybody have any insight to how budget cuts will affect prospective officers?

Not really.

thebluto

pilot
None
Problem with 'SELRES still funded' issue: If there are no exercises to support, then there's no place to use AT. Plus, for CNATRA, if they cut students, then there's no ADT (and possibly a loss of AFTPs), if there are no flights to use it on. Just food for thought.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Problem with 'SELRES still funded' issue: If there are no exercises to support, then there's no place to use AT. Plus, for CNATRA, if they cut students, then there's no ADT (and possibly a loss of AFTPs), if there are no flights to use it on. Just food for thought.

So far, there has been no talk of cutting student production in flight school (unless you've heard something official that we haven't). All that 44% reduction in students that was on the ppt slide has equated to is a month of not funding IFS. Selres boards are still hiring and reservist are still drilling. The sky has not fallen in the training command yet. There are enough people (read: students buying into the rumor mill) freaking out over stuff that has not happened, and no one has any official plans of happening yet (unless you know something different since you're a stones throw from CNATRA).

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So far, there has been no talk of cutting student production in flight school (unless you've heard something official that we haven't). All that 44% reduction in students that was on the ppt slide has equated to is a month of not funding IFS. Selres boards are still hiring and reservist are still drilling. The sky has not fallen in the training command yet. There are enough people (read: students buying into the rumor mill) freaking out over stuff that has not happened, and no one has any official plans of happening yet (unless you know something different since you're a stones throw from CNATRA).

Plus ADT hasn't gone anywhere. There's still the expected amount, at least from what I'm being told from the PM(s). I haven't even heard of turning off the 29 days of AT at the CNAFR level, yet. It may have happened, but I haven't received any traffic about it. Even if it has, I think we'd still be at the 21 day mark.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I'm on whatever a 168 plus a couple days is. Gotta go in tomorrow though. I'm trying to figure out my current hourly rate per pay period but dividing by 0 doesn't really give you much to work with.