• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sequester

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Thinking that the AD folks on here may have seen this already but here's an ALNAV that was sent this morning:

http://navylive.dodlive.mil/2013/03/02/department-of-the-navy-response-to-sequestration/

The comments on that official US Navy blog are insane. What is it about internet comment sections that bring out the crazies?

"This is more Obama BS he just wants a weaker country to take over and declare him self KING...this was not a must do it was a plan from the start."

Renegade One

None
The comments on that official US Navy blog are insane. What is it about internet comment sections that bring out the crazies?
Because they're "open" to any moron who wants to share his/her "obvious wisdom"?

Oh, wait…that sounds weirdly familiar… ;)

BigRed389

None

"This is more Obama BS he just wants a weaker country to take over and declare him self KING...this was not a must do it was a plan from the start."

They've done several studies on this: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-is-everyone-on-the-internet-so-angry

I would also add that usually, only the crazies care enough to post. I think voting kinda has the same problem.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."

This budget debate (if you want to call it that) is degenerating into nothing more than finger pointing. I'm tired of hearing who's fault it is - there is equal blame to go around. Let's fix the damn thing then we can worry about who did what to cause it. (Unfortunately this type of leadership is severely lacking on all sides in DC.)

Echo24

I'm Pilot.
pilot
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any information on how the cuts are going to affect the training pipeline for future SNA's? I commission in May and soon after head down to Pensacola. The only information I have gotten on any changes in the syllabus is that IFS has been cancelled for future students as of right now. Any updates would be greatly appreciated!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We all know as much as you do, which has been detailed in the SECNAV's message.

jtmedli

pilot
....As long as you're not in one of the 4 air wings standing down or the 2 reduced to "minimum safe flying levels." In other words, if you're lucky enough to be in an air wing that will transition from being indefinitely delayed to indefinitely deployed, you'll get to keep flying.

Nope. If Washington D.C. wanted to find the money to keep us flying, they could do it. It's politics. Just wait it out and all will be right with the world again....eventually.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
We all know as much as you do, which has been detailed in the SECNAV's message.

Did you see in the Navy Enquirer article above, the bit about Primary flight training being halted for pilots and NFO's? Anyone?

Tracom bubbas? You hearing rumblings?

Renegade One

None
Are pilots assigned to CAWs that are standing down at risk of losing their jobs?
Um…my guess is "no".

Consider it a MARVELOUS opportunity, however, to get caught up on corrosion control, your paperwork, getting ALL of your Sailors totally "up to speed on compliance training and Special Interest Programs", doubling-up on Command PRT events, repainting your spaces, researching your squadron history, re-doubling your AT/FP efforts, car-washes, supporting your local O'Club, etc.

I know…I know: "R1: You just walked into biker bar and…"

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Consider it a MARVELOUS opportunity, however, to get caught up on corrosion control, your paperwork, getting ALL of your Sailors totally "up to speed on compliance training and Special Interest Programs", doubling-up on Command PRT events, repainting your spaces, researching your squadron history, re-doubling your AT/FP efforts, car-washes, supporting your local O'Club, etc.

FML