• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Restaurants

MasterBates

SSSHHHH!

When I was married I had the ex convinced that I went there "because the wings are so much better than (name of local join next to my house)"

Don't ruin it for the other guys.

phrogpilot73

Yep, agreed. People that think Hooter's wings are the end-all, be-all haven't branched out enough. Hooter's wings are second rate, as is the rest of their food. First off, the breading? WTF? You don't bread hot-wings. A properly made sauce will hold on to your "naked" wings. And if it doesn't? Just drench them :)
Agreed about breading the wings. That was one thing that I didn't like about Hooters wings, but I did like 'em fried ;) In my opinion, if you're going to go someplace "just for the wings", and you're looking for a chain - Buffalo Wild Wings is the place to be...

KBayDog

In my opinion, if you're going to go someplace "just for the wings", and you're looking for a chain - Buffalo Wild Wings is the place to be...

NEGATIVE!

As someone who just got married in Chucktown, you should have hit up the Wild Wing Cafe on Market St. (there is one in Mt. Pleasant, as well).

If you plan to try the Braveheart wings, ensure you have a designated driver, and expect to be out of commission for at least a day or two afterwards.

phrogpilot73

NEGATIVE!

As someone who just got married in Chucktown, you should have hit up the Wild Wing Cafe on Market St. (there is one in Mt. Pleasant, as well).

If you plan to try the Braveheart wings, ensure you have a designated driver, and expect to be out of commission for at least a day or two afterwards.
I should have clarified, I meant a national chain that it's readily available in every state. That's BW3. The only states that it's not in that I can see is Alaska and Hawaii. Wild Wing Cafe (yes, I agree it's good wings and better than BW3 - there was one in Wilmington) is pretty much just the southeast.

utak

Have you guys tried WingStop, it's just south of Cordova Mall near the movie theatre. It's pretty popular from where I am (Houston), and the fries are first rate as well.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agreed about breading the wings. That was one thing that I didn't like about Hooters wings, but I did like 'em fried ;) In my opinion, if you're going to go someplace "just for the wings", and you're looking for a chain - Buffalo Wild Wings is the place to be...

100% agreed on BW3. They have the best non-local wings, end of story. Unfortunately, they are not as prevalent as you think. The only one in California is in Rancho Cucamongo. I buy their sauces online though so I make my own wings with them.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
100% agreed on BW3. They have the best non-local wings, end of story. Unfortunately, they are not as prevalent as you think. The only one in California is in Rancho Cucamongo. I buy their sauces online though so I make my own wings with them.

Maine is one of those states without BW3 too. Makes me miss Jax a little, but only a little.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Here is a gripe. In the Pensacola/Milton area I have yet to find one REALLY good Mexican resaurant. They all have the same menues and all taste the same...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As far as wings go, do they still have WingZone? Got delivery from there many a time in A-pool.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Here is a gripe. In the Pensacola/Milton area I have yet to find one REALLY good Mexican resaurant. They all have the same menues and all taste the same...

Search back in the thread for Fly's post about Cactus Flower. Hole in the wall, but very good. I just wish they made their own chips (they didn't in '06, which was the last time I went).

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but my husband loved Goat Lips deli on Copter (off Davis Hwy). They have some of the best salsa. Also, he loved their mufletta sandwich. It's a hole in the wall, but it's very yummy.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

Do you know where in Rancho Cucamonga since its just a few towns over from me?

Hooters sucks. I went there in the summer for my first time. The waitresses were just as busted looking as the food tasted.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Search back in the thread for Fly's post about Cactus Flower. Hole in the wall, but very good. I just wish they made their own chips (they didn't in '06, which was the last time I went).

Gator is right-on here... go to the Cactus Flower. It's one of the few places I would call good, or even great Mexican. In my opinion, 95% of all Mexican joints are exactly the same. Cactus Flower is in the 5% that are different and GOOD.