• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Retirement Awareness

taxi1

pilot
Great, another piece of paper that I'm dependent on big Navy for... for something vitally important. There's no way that happens in a timely manner.

Wait until you're retired and have been a gray area retiree for some years, and then as you approach 60, out of the blue you get a letter from the Navy.

"Awwww, you remembered!"

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Wait until you're retired and have been a gray area retiree for some years, and then as you approach 60, out of the blue you get a letter from the Navy.

"Awwww, you remembered!"
So you get another letter when you turn 60?

I have heard you have to “apply” for reserve retirement- is that done through the VA?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you get the Navy equivalent of a Retirements Points Accounting Management (RPAM) NGB Form 23? This comes out annually for National Guard members for us to review our points and retirement eligibility date, based on active duty service overseas under certain titles of USC.

See this link for applying for retirement.

My Future Retiree account is now visible in MyPay.
Yeah I can see the Future Retiree page on myPay too, so looks like it's implemented DFAS-wide. Thanks for the heads up!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
One thing I'm still not 100% clear on is early retiree pay, ie, pay before age 60 due to mob/ADSWs. Whether you're supposed to initiate that or NPC/DFAS just "knows," and if the former, what documentation they need.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
One thing I'm still not 100% clear on is early retiree pay, ie, pay before age 60 due to mob/ADSWs. Whether you're supposed to initiate that or NPC/DFAS just "knows," and if the former, what documentation they need.

PERS-9 should be tracking this and in the past I reached out to them to verify what my reserve retirement “age” would be.

Fun fact, CANREC (recruiting) duty also counts towards early retirement.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is more a question then a possible PSA, but figured I'd ask the Reservists here...

When I retired, I made a civilian MyPay account gatordev@russianBride.org (I think because I was told to at TAP). However, at retirement, I was still using my active duty account login (gatordev.awesomeness@navy.mil) because I was tracking some pay discrepancies from my AC pay and it allowed me to see both sides. After that all was resolved (or I just gave up trying to track down an allotment), I've continued to use my @navy.mil address where I still get my eRAS and allotment info.

I'm not sure how Inactive RC people are supposed to log into MyPay, but do many of you still just use the @navy.mil login? Same question for those who have retired but awaiting to hit 60?

I was just curious if the RC side of MyPay worked as fluidly as the AC side.

taxi1

pilot
I was able to start collecting a year early. I called about 6 months out to make sure everything was aligned, and sent proof that I was eligible juusssttttt to make sure we were good.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
PERS-9 should be tracking this and in the past I reached out to them to verify what my reserve retirement “age” would be.

What is the best way you found to reach out to them? I want to make sure they are tracking all of my stuff.