• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reserve Retirement Awareness

nodropinufaka

That was very helpful.

I haven’t been able to find in the instructions and pubs when you can submit for retired reserve retirement.

I thought you’re eligible to put it in at 19 years with retiring at 20.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Correct. You can request it, but will not officially retire until you hit 20 years qualifying service.

Highly recommend attending the Reserve Retirement Workshop when they start those up again.

snake020

Contributor
Any gouge on how to confirm big Navy Reserve have done the right maths on early retirement service eligibility for qualifying AD orders?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Any gouge on how to confirm big Navy Reserve have done the right maths on early retirement service eligibility for qualifying AD orders?
Check the references concerning what part of Title 10 you were MOBed under. Then check the dates on your orders. Any discrepancies? Talk to CNRFC/PERS. It ain't rocket surgery . . .

Welcome to the reserves, where no one cares about your record as much as you do. Message to Garcia.

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
Check the references concerning what part of Title 10 you were MOBed under. Then check the dates on your orders. Any discrepancies? Talk to CNRFC/PERS. It ain't rocket surgery . . .

Welcome to the reserves, where no one cares about your record as much as you do. Message to Garcia.
I think he was asking “where can I look in my record (ARPR/ASOSH/NSIPS) that indicates big Navy and I both know that I’m supposed to get my retirement at 58.5 vice 60.”

And it’s not just mobs. It’s also >90 days of ADT/ADOS/ADSW in one fiscal year.

I hope you’re this helpful with all of your sailors and/or bros at the NOSC. That Message to Garcia speech is going to really resonate well at your change of command speech. ???

@snake020 I don’t know where exactly that information would be but I’m interested in finding out. I asked my buddy tonight who’s done some long sets of orders and he sort of looked at me funny and said “you know, I actually have no idea.” I’ll ask some other guys I know. Or maybe someone will actually reply with useful response on here instead of what basically equates to the good ol’ AW “have you tried the search function?!?!?!”

nodropinufaka

I always wondered.

I started in the reserves. After 8 years in the reserves I commissioned and was on active duty for 7 years, then I transferred back to the reserves. I also did a mobilization.

Would those 7 years active count towards early retirement?

subreservist

What type of orders were you under (Title)? If you were on active duty as an active duty member not active as a reserve member, they would not count to retirement.

taxi1

pilot
I printed out my mobilization DD214s which show start date and end of terminal leave, and then wrote a memo doing all the math calculating the number of full quarters and sent that in with my request to collect retire pay early. I had no long period ADTs. I don’t think they would have done it themselves, frankly. Definitely ball’s in your park on this one. Spoon feed them.

I sent my stuff in 6 months prior, and it took them until 4 months after to see a check, which contained back pay.

nodropinufaka

What type of orders were you under (Title)? If you were on active duty as an active duty member not active as a reserve member, they would not count to retirement.

they were active. I transferred to active duty and went to OCS.

I think the only thing that is going to count is my mobilization to Iraq in 2008. That was 13 months.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I started in the reserves. After 8 years in the reserves I commissioned and was on active duty for 7 years, then I transferred back to the reserves. I also did a mobilization.
You need to check your ARPR/ASOSH (CAC Enabled, PIV Cert). You will have qualifying years of service from your Reserve time, as well as from your Active Duty time.

Your active duty time will show as a 1 in the service column for every year you were active duty. If you earned a qualifying year in the Reserve, it will also show as a 1 in the service column.

At the bottom, you will see your total qualifying service based on the above.

If you were on long term orders it will show in another column and you have to check this site to ensure all of your stuff is in there. Many people's stuff gets jacked up which is why we are always told to keep a copy of all endorsed orders and DD-214's.

Would those 7 years active count towards early retirement?
Why do you keep bringing up early retirement? What are you talking about? There is no early retirement in the Reserve. You earn 20 total qualifying years and you are retirement eligible.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Why do you keep bringing up early retirement? What are you talking about?
I think he means when a Reserve-retired veteran starts receiving his or her pension X days prior to age 60, because he or she served X days mobilized on certain orders types that qualify (e.g. overseas contingency operations).

According to PERS 911, BOL (ARPR/ASOSH) can be incorrect in terms of counting your retirement points, and NSIPS is the official point capture/ “good year” system of record.

nodropinufaka

I’m referring to collecting the pension earlier @bubblehead

There is early retirement for members who are no longer physically qualified. That number is lowered to 15 years.