• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawgfighter

quote:
Congrates James!

I got an email telling me that they expect to hear something after 4:30pm today, so hopefully I'll hear something today or tomorrow. Do you mind me asking what was the nature of your first rejection?

My fingers are crossed for ya.

Erin
GO NAVY!!!

ghost_ttu

I think it is official that things happen for a reason b/c if my recruiter had listened to me I would have been selected. (basically I had told him that I was on probation about a ticket and if we had taken care of that my application would have met the board clean when there were more slots)Anyway, no use crying over spilled milk. They basically said my GPA is not competitive with the current applicants and since there are only 30 slots remaining I was taken out of contention. He told me because of my age, that I should just return
next January, to put my application together and I will be one of the first
submitted, there will be 465 slots available starting 01 May 2003 at that time and I will get selected. This will have me leaving around October 2003. That's about it, so for now the only thing I do is get things organized, get my flight time in and my license complete and apply later. For those that are interested he said they decided against bringing in the extra 100 slots.

meb6385

Ghost,
sorry to hear that you were taken out of contention, but January sounds like a good plan. I'm kinda miffed at my recruiter because he has been dragging his feet the whole application process, I could've had my pack in probably a month and a half ago, but my recruiter insisted on waiting for my transcript at the end of the semester, and now it sounds like SNA slots are few and far between. With my pack just going up this week. I don't have the most outstanding GPA either, do you know what they are considering to be minimum competitive GPA? And when you say, bring a packet in January, what does that consist of? Do you have to absolutely redo everything again?
Thanks,
Mike

spidrwmn

Ghost - That sucks you didn't get selected, but hey, good things come to those who wait. And by the time you're ready to go you'll be a PT stud!
Heck, at the rate I'm going, you and I may end up in the same class!

- spider

ghost_ttu

Meb:

My recruiter is pretty cool in the fact that he is pretty direct. He said he has 3 other applicants that are about 3.0 gpa. I have a 2.5. So I can't say what is competitive. But they only have 30 slots left so you go figure on that. No you don't have to redo everything, just update it all.

Spider:

That would be cool, I was told if I get a May slot that I might get OCS next summer. Might be hot, but I prefer smoking in the heat, rather than in the cold. I'll just use the time to get more flight hours and learn as much ground school possible. And I still have a great job, so I can bank some money

JTP

It ISNT all be based on GPA. I've heard from many sources (officers, recruiters, etc) that GPA does weigh some but your rec's and background weigh just as much, if not more. A 2.5 is not bad. It isn't spectacular or anything, but if you have stronger rec's, PRT, background, as well as your whole app. in general than the guy with a 3.5 and a so-so app. your just as qualified if not more qualified for the job than he is.

My .10 cents, take it as you will.

YEAH COME ON!!

YEAH COME ON!!

ghost_ttu

JTP:

I think you'll find push back on that. I'd say that my package is pretty stong except for my PRT and my GPA. I asked if I should put in a new PRT, b/c I know I can do much better. And he said that the board specifically said the gpa is not competitive for the last 30 slots that they have available. If anyone does get selected in the next couple days with a "low" gpa, I'd be interested to hear.

spidrwmn

Ghost - Hehe. I think I'd rather be cold than hot - being from AZ I'm not used to all that humidity! I graduate in Dec. so I would prefer something in the spring - but I'm not choosy (sp?), anything that gets me into Navy blue is fine by me. Of course, I need to get my app finished first!

- spider

ghost_ttu

Spider I spent 8 months working in Phoenix and I know how that "dry heat" can be, but I don't workout very well in the cold, I'd rather sweat than cramp in the cold. Besides Spider we go next summer we'll lose more weight and have that "great body"

Edited by - ghost_ttu on 05/23/2002 20:22:47

meb6385

I don't care when I run, I just want to fly! I guess I still have a pretty competitive app. So I'll have to keep you guys posted.

mike

chickenhawk

I had something similar that happened to me! I thought my package was good to go and it was sent to D.C. and upon the first day that my review board met the admin clerk discovered that my vision was miss-documented. Needless to say, I wasn't selected for pilot or NFO. My vision is 20/20, but because of some civil servant that couldn't document correctly my app was pushed aside. Is there any kind of retribution I can take, some kind of appeal? Enough of the sob story is that true that the SNA field came available again? I must be really tired, because I might have read that incorrectly. If that's the case I am calling my recruiter tomorrow!

Meridiani

Chickenhawk,

First of all, your application doesn't go to DC. It goes to Millington, TN, which is where Naval Recruiting Headquarters is located. Second, you can reapply right away if your recruiter feels that you got a bad shake (which you did), rather than having to wait six months. Third, where in god's name did you dig up this post? It's sooooo old!!
icon_smile_wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.