• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast12

Hello, I am a 25 year old junior who has recently sent in my kit to be reviewed for a pilot slot. Unfortunately to my dismay I came home today and received a letter from Tennessee that I was rejected to past injuries and something about having elevated urine cystine and and elevated CPK without any clear explantion. The funny thing is is that the past injuries were fine at MEPS and the only injury of concern (ruptured achilles two years ago) received a waiver recommendation. It's also funny that they notified me before they even told my recruiter about since I haven't heard from her. Is this a common thing to happen and is there a way around it? Or is this final and I should move on? I really want to fly in the military and hope that someone out there can tell me what I should do?

unfUSN

You can appeal... usually they say to wait a little while though. Your recruiter can help you with it. Give her a call!

ATP

2fast12

Do you know what an appeal consists of? How effective are they? I get confused by all this stuff. All I have heard since I tested was how bad they needed aviators. If you can pass a flight physical, what would be the problem?

Musiqlover

Dude, take it from me! DON'T GIVE UP! I was originally rejected at MEPS because they said that I didn't pass the depth perception test. I KNOW that is not accurate, so I went to a private optometrist. He gave me a THROUGH exam, gave me TWO depth perception tests, and I passed with flying colors! Don't let those A** H**** at MEPS screw things up for you.

Sincerely,

Paul

PM

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Definatly call up you requiter and see what the deal is. If you are not clear then you may have some room to mavuner. But most important...KEEP TRYING!!

2fast12

Thanks alot guys. It's good to have some positive reinforcement on here. When I read that letter I felt like my life had ended. I will definitely see this through to the end. Thanks again.

2fast12

Paul,
Thanks for the reply. The only thing is is that it wasn't MEPS that rejected me, it was the Medical Advisor in Tennessee that did it. I received a waiver recommendation at MEPS. MEPS didn't scare me, the big dogs in Tennessee do.

James

2fast12

You won't believe this. I talked to my recruiter finally. She had written NOMI about getting me a flag waiver from an admiral. He said no and that he had to stand by the medical advisor. So she wrote the medical advisor and he told her that if I could prove that my past injury is rehabilitated and shows no real weaknesses then he would drop the other injury (a kidney stone from ten years ago) and let me in. What the hell kinda system is this? Is it Let's Make A Deal all of a sudden? I guess they think if I want it bad enough I will jump through the hoops...and they're right. I'm in the process of getting looked at by a civilian doctor. My recruiter says that a civilian doctor's word works alot of the time. Does anyone here no if that's true?

James

Musiqlover

Yes, it CAN work, I am living proof. I failed the depth perception test for some stupid reason, even though I have perfect vision. I went to a private Optometrist, got a FULL eye exam including passing TWO depth perception tests, and have 20/20 vision. That allowed me to earn an SNA slot. The only thing is that YOU have to pay to see an outside Doctor. Now, I am not GUARENTEEING that this will work for you, but it is worth a try.

Sincerely,
Paul

quote:
You won't believe this. I talked to my recruiter finally. She had written NOMI about getting me a flag waiver from an admiral. He said no and that he had to stand by the medical advisor. So she wrote the medical advisor and he told her that if I could prove that my past injury is rehabilitated and shows no real weaknesses then he would drop the other injury (a kidney stone from ten years ago) and let me in. What the hell kinda system is this? Is it Let's Make A Deal all of a sudden? I guess they think if I want it bad enough I will jump through the hoops...and they're right. I'm in the process of getting looked at by a civilian doctor. My recruiter says that a civilian doctor's word works alot of the time. Does anyone here no if that's true?

James

PM

Falcaner

Actually this happens a lot more then one might think. The thing about the Navy is that you are dealing with a bureaucratic organization. So they have their rules, but like many things there are exceptions and people do make mistakes. I also had a problem with my eyes because they thought one eye was 20/40 but i did some digging and found that they were changing the rules and that it would be fine. Then I went to a civilian doctor because someone forgot to attach the thing that said my eyes are correctable to 20/20 and found out my eye is actually 20/25. But i think the point hear is that i don’t think there is a person on this board who has not jumped through hoops to get in. So just keep you head up and your eyes on the prize!!!

Dave Shutter

THANK GOD, Internet service after three weeks, I thought I'd die!!!

Summer sucks so far, been moving the last couple weeks and missed the Blues and the SuperHornet demo that was at NAS Lakehurst NJ, not even an half hour from where I'm at.

A good topic so far on the ins and out's of getting picked up...

2fast12...it may be small consolation, but at least you know what sunk you on your app. I was told it was the BI score for me, now my rec' changed his story and now they don't know what it was, so I'm wondering if they didn't like me overall, or wether or not that wanted me but just couldn't take me??? I can't fix it if I don't know what's broke?
Now were talking about re-submitting this fall because allegedly SNA is closed out for the FY according to him. One good piece of info he did give me (and this may be a ray of hope for some of you) is that SNFO was "re-opened" due to drastic shortages, and that he wants to re-submit me for that, and then of course it was followed by the "tranfer" sales pitch recruiters are so good at. I have to check out the NFO to pilot topic...

quote:What the hell kinda system is this? Is it Let's Make A Deal all of a sudden?

...I feel your pain. I've asked the exact same questions to different recruiters and gotten completely different answers more times than I can count. I called Gunner's recruiters in Kansas City and they said they had guys in my exact situation: they didn't Bullsh*t around, blowing them off and give up on them; they re-tested and re-submitted pronto! They also giving me info that's completely contradictory to what I'm hearing from my poeple. My recruiters out on leave for a week AGAIN! so I don't know what's going on. It's a huge complex system, constantly changing and manned by some very fallible creatures. It seems to be almost a matter of luck on wether or not you make it through the mesh or not. Just keep banging away at it!

Best of luck.

D

Edited by - Dave Shutter on 06/04/2001 21:53:36

2fast12

Dave,
That's weird that they can be out of SNA slots already. All I keep hearing is how badly they need pilots. My recruiter hasn't told me that...yet. I do trust her. She is as upset as I am. I will ask her and see what she says.

James

Falcaner

I have actauly hear the exact opposite from my recuiter and everything BUT pilot and NFO were closed out for the year...interesting.

Sean

Tahoe

I suggest the next best thing if they are closed out: get a part time job, play lots of golf and go when the new Fiscal Year hits on October 1, 2001!! I'm planning on being in one of the last OCS classes of the year due to commitments at my current job. I figure it must be hotter than hell down in FL right now so why not hold off till the Fall.

-Tahoe

2fast12

That brings up a curiosity of mine. If I do get in I would be heading down there right about this time of year next year. I of course would rather go in October or November I would assume. What's the weather like down there this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.