• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reapplication process

Mouselovr

Contributor
Hi! I'm currently applying SNA for the January boards.
ASTB 6/7/7 GPA 3.76

My recruiter is pushing me hard to apply for NFO as she's been told they've essentially filled their pilot quota for the year due to COVID issues. I'm only interested in SNA, and I'm more than happy to wait to attend OCS rather than get picked up NFO and be unhappy. If I am not picked up for this board, I am happy to resubmit for the next one whenever they are taking more pilots again.

My recruiter warned me its A LOT of effort to reapply. Can someone explain why this is?

Also, as I am not in school anymore and my ASTB scores are fine, I won't have a jump in my GPA nor am I willing to gamble my scores with a retake. I'm supposed to start a new job soon. Does that constitute as a "significant change" to reapply?

exNavyOffRec

If you don't want to be an NFO then don't apply.

It is not difficult at all to put an application together, you would need to put together a reconsideration letter. Significant change is ASTB or GPA, not getting a new job.

If you don't want to be an NFO then don't apply.

It is not difficult at all to put an application together, you would need to put together a reconsideration letter. Significant change is ASTB or GPA, not getting a new job.
Is there a certain amount a GPA would need to increase by to be considered a significant change or is any change at all to GPA considered significant enough to resubmit before 6 months?