• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Great article on local Flight Instructor Martha Lunken - a DPE, former FAA Inspector, a little crotchety in a professional way (@HAL Pilot would like her). Her C180 Skywagon is a GA fixture here - and she's a bad ass flying under a local landmark bridge. Her only crime is she got caught! I've had a number of students who were fortunate to have her as a DPE.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Great article on local Flight Instructor Martha Lunken - a DPE, former FAA Inspector, a little crotchety in a professional way (@HAL Pilot would like her). Her C180 Skywagon is a GA fixture here - and she's a bad ass flying under a local landmark bridge. Her only crime is she got caught! I've had a number of students who were fortunate to have her as a DPE.

Sad story...but my first thought was, “They track GA pilots with camera drones!?!?”

If she were a certain politician this wouldn’t be much of a story.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Multi city tour of the Heartland this week - doing a city by city muster of AF our reservist staff - one of my jobs is to ensure that our reservists get "good years" for pay or points towards retirement. Normally we'd have an event at WPAFB but no go (reasons, COVID, etc). So I'm scrounging facilities where I can. It is nice to have an airplane to use fully at my discretion for official US Gov travel.

Most of our reservists are airline types, out of either Detroit or Chicago, O4 or O5's. Giving GMT to these guys is a bit of herding cats!

Oh yeah

The mighty 182 - mine is on the left

Ohio Division of Wildlife B206B3 (TH-57B) (they are hiring)

All of our reservists sport their airline brand affiliation on the small velcro tab where the FOD flap goes - AA, DL, SWA. I think it looks sporty... (lunch at B-Dubs, no Hooters in the area)