• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A little out of focus. I must have been more concerned with a buddy flying from the right seat while I shot this close aboard pic.

Who doesn't want to fly in the Navy after a recruiter like this. When I flew with him we conducted road recce, attacked a damn, and practiced engine out approaches.

Least anyone think this guy was off the golden path, had nothing to lose or otherwise had no regard for regs and SOP, you'd be wrong. He was a top officer and aviator. He went on to be the Handler on my first ship, commanded an A-7 squadron, commanded VFA-125 and was NAVAIRES, San Diego. Back then recruiting was absolutely not a negative assignment for aviators. It was considered production no less than the VTs or the RAG.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fuck...gimme a break, man...my original AOCS shorts took a dump way back in the early 1990s...at least I have Navy shorts on...

View attachment 28556
You never learn Candidate. Two hours EMI for not taking care of issue gear and two hours EMI for not accepting responsibility. One hour EMI for being out of uniform. I'll see you on the sea wall Saturday morning. NOW do you have anything to say...Candidate?

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
You never learn Candidate. Two hours EMI for not taking care of issue gear and two hours EMI for not accepting responsibility. One hour EMI for being out of uniform. I'll see you on the sea wall Saturday morning. NOW do you have anything to say...Candidate?
Ummm...yeppers...this Candidate says he will NOT see you on the sea wall Saturday morning because this Candidate says...

D!

O!

R!

LATE ENTRY: And this Candidate also says that you can’t make me un-DOR...neener, neener, neener. ?

Last edited: