• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

taxi1

pilot
Any of you CFI types, what steps are you taking to not share all of your viruses back and forth with the students?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Any of you CFI types, what steps are you taking to not share all of your viruses back and forth with the students?

Let's head this one off at the pass. Snark and COVID arguments will be deleted. Take them to the COVID thread. Otherwise, just answer the question.

taxi1, I can't answer the CFI part, but I do fly, and more importantly, live with a crew for work. Surgical masks is the answer, unless a pax is COVID-positive. Compliance is, of course, a different issue, depending on the location/situation.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Let's head this one off at the pass. Snark and COVID arguments will be deleted. Take them to the COVID thread. Otherwise, just answer the question.

taxi1, I can't answer the CFI part, but I do fly, and more importantly, live with a crew for work. Surgical masks is the answer, unless a pax is COVID-positive. Compliance is, of course, a different issue, depending on the location/situation.
Thank you.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Better day for flying today, clear air, cooler and not as humid. I was flying up the Rappahannock River when two C-130’s passed over me. They ended up doing touch-and-goes at the expeditionary airfield at A.P. Hill. Their callsign was “Castle” and I think they are from the DE Air Guard. They certainly weren’t Marines.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Better day for flying today, clear air, cooler and not as humid. I was flying up the Rappahannock River when two C-130’s passed over me. They ended up doing touch-and-goes at the expeditionary airfield at A.P. Hill. Their callsign was “Castle” and I think they are from the DE Air Guard. They certainly weren’t Marines.
East coast Herky squadron would be "OTIS" I'm not up to speed on what the VR call signs are.

taxi1

pilot

Yeah, wasn't looking to open up a new line on an argument. I have a need to fly with a pile of students, so not a fixed roster. I read up on AOPA's recommendations for flight schools, curious as to policies actually adopted by civilian CFIs here. DM me directly unless you want to share.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Not sure what the rest of the fleet is doing, but my particular squadron:
-Maintainers masked unless working alone.
-Aircrew masked for preflight (~50% compliance)
-Aircrew unmasked for flight

The H-60 has a pretty big space between pilots, and we don't have to look at each other to talk, but I think the big wing bubbas are also flying sans masks.