• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
After reading the article I think I get the science behind it (and I always laugh at anything with the mention of... poo).

The finding makes sense and the people are all test subjects in a scientific study, but it seems to me that if the test subjects want to maintain their "new" weight, the easiest way to do that would be to keep eating the food that changed their bodies' equilibrium in the first place...?

I mean did I miss something? I think I got the pooint.

(Equilibrium in the sense that any time you make a change to your diet or exercise then your body naturally wants to be either skinnier or fatter/more muscular or less, whatever, and your physique will gradually start changing to that new equilibrium.)

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
After reading the article I think I get the science behind it (and I always laugh at anything with the mention of... poo).

The finding makes sense and the people are all test subjects in a scientific study, but it seems to me that if the test subjects want to maintain their "new" weight, the easiest way to do that would be to keep eating the food that changed their bodies' equilibrium in the first place...?

I mean did I miss something? I think I got the pooint.

(Equilibrium in the sense that any time you make a change to your diet or exercise then your body naturally wants to be either skinnier or fatter/more muscular or less, whatever, and your physique will gradually start changing to that new equilibrium.)
You guys are impoosible.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Very nice morning for a flight. After all the storms cleared the area we got a good, cool, morning without soul crushing humidity!

Frederick to Winchester VA to Hancock MD to Chambersburg PA then the long arc around P40 as the president was at Camp David so the big ring was hot, over Gettysburg and home. Rough as all get out with west winds over the mountains.

New tower controller @ KFDK and he was under water with all of us out flying and finally he gave up and told me to not enter the class D and hold. Then started to back people up. I was in a two-circle fight with a Mooney and after five minutes was allowed in. 90 degree crosswind and they were trying to switch runways or I would have done a couple bounces for the practice.

X2EaRja.jpg

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Frederick to Winchester VA to Hancock MD to Chambersburg PA then the long arc around P40 as the president was at Camp David so the big ring was hot, over Gettysburg and home. Rough as all get out with west winds over the mountains.

New tower controller @ KFDK and he was under water with all of us out flying and finally he gave up and told me to not enter the class D and hold. Then started to back people up. I was in a two-circle fight with a Mooney and after five minutes was allowed in. 90 degree crosswind and they were trying to switch runways or I would have done a couple bounces for the practice.

X2EaRja.jpg
Nice, very clean, hangar! I’m used to seeing them with an old boat, bits and pieces of unrelated aircraft, and several old boxes marked “airplane stuff” with an airplane crammed in the middle.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Witnessed by my nephew, a -47 pilot at Wheeler, couple hours ago, the Bearcat in the VJ Day celebration flights hit a fire extinguisher taxiing in after a flight. Took a single blade off the prop. Makes one wonder. Is the a replacement on the islands? When does the return voyage throw lines over. If they flew from Hickum to Wheeler, how does it get back to Pearl if no repair? It has been awhile since I made the drive, how much of a hassle would a tow be from Wheeler to Oahu?
View attachment 27226
Seems to me that you just need to knock off the lower blade and fly with the two good ones.?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot

X2EaRja.jpg
KFDK is my hometown and site of my first ever flight. I like to swing by for 1-2 bounces every chance I get, but I have noticed the tower controllers have a sense of "how long are you gonna jam up my pattern?", even if it's just one other aircraft.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
KFDK is my hometown and site of my first ever flight. I like to swing by for 1-2 bounces every chance I get, but I have noticed the tower controllers have a sense of "how long are you gonna jam up my pattern?", even if it's just one other aircraft.
Too true. I flew up there for a Saturday breakfast and the controller asked, “You didn’t file ahead of time for any pattern work, you’re not here for pattern work are you?” I told him I was just there for the Texas French Toast..he actually groaned over the radio!

• Haha
Reactions: IKE

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Too true. I flew up there for a Saturday breakfast and the controller asked, “You didn’t file ahead of time for any pattern work, you’re not here for pattern work are you?” I told him I was just there for the Texas French Toast..he actually groaned over the radio!
So how was the texas french toast?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor

You should have told him you were there for breakfast, after you did 5 or 6 touch and goes. F'em.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Seems especially weird given Frederick is (or was) AOPA HQ. I'm sure the Montgomery County expats have made plenty of noise complaints after building homes next to the airport.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Seems especially weird given Frederick is (or was) AOPA HQ. I'm sure the Montgomery County expats have made plenty of noise complaints after building homes next to the airport.

I grew up in Fredneck. I went back not long ago. It's really turned into a shithole except along the Carroll creek gentrified area.

Glad I don't live there.