• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wouldn't that be because you living in....I don't know....a desert would it????
Ahhhhhh, golf courses? I have 4 within 15 minutes of my house. They are all over Vegas and Palm Springs. I am quite sure a 4000×50 strip of turf uses less water than a 19 hole golf course.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pic03.jpg
This fly in community less than 10 miles from my house has turf lining the entire length of the asphalt runway. Why could that have not been a turf runway to begin with, or even a parallel. No additional cost.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Ahhhhhh, golf courses? I have 4 within 15 minutes of my house. They are all over Vegas and Palm Springs. I am quite sure a 4000×50 strip of turf uses less water than a 19 hole golf course.
Except golfers pay hundreds to play and use the grass, GA no so much to use the grass.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Typically I don’t fly along the Pagistanian side of the big water but the sky looked lovely over there so I gave it a try...it was worth it!

Saw some lovely houses I wouldn’t mind owning and this little island community...

If I am able to swing the Griz-o-Copter it would be really great living here!

Also flew over some Pagistanian Monument probably about their Great Leader, @Pags.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Until it's the heart of the Dark Ages, in January, and the weather is snotty with a rough chop and you need to make a run to the Giant for necessities.

Obviously you need to buy a boat along with that G-copter.
I can do that...but I figure a sling load of TV Dinners and Scotch will get me through the worst of it.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Almost forgot...crossing the big water I spied a Pagistanian gunboat trying to sneak in so I launched a strafe attack!

View attachment 27062
Looks like Cobb and St Clements Islands. Cobb has a tight little community and seems like a nice place to live if you don't mind a drive in to town. St Clements is the site of the first landing by the English in MD and has a restored light house on it.

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Looks like Cobb and St Clements Islands. Cobb has a tight little community and seems like a nice place to live if you don't mind a drive in to town. St Clements is the site of the first landing by the English in MD and has a restored light house on it.
The Old Line State looked quite lovely from the air today.