• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Is going to an uncontrolled field part of the syllabus? If not, good on ya for giving the stud a good experience.
We do it all the time in primary and helo advanced.

I used to berate any students (or fellow instructors) who said, "Any traffic, please advise."

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
It is not (at least not in a T45). To be honest I don't think many people would do it, especially on a busy Sunday. It was a great experience and the stud seemed really appreciative even though his head exploded about five minutes in.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I always keyed my mic at that point and said “splat”.

In retrospect, I would have felt like shit if it had happened.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
@wink

We never started without crew seats, flight controls, instrument panels or the majority of instruments. This aircraft lacks all of that. If it goes on a stick, that won't matter. For some reason my audio didn't work, but if by miniguns he means the external flex mount M60s, that is cool. Hard to come by. We don't have a set.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
....but if by miniguns he means the external flex mount M60s, that is cool. Hard to come by. We don't have a set.
At the National Museum of the US Army ours were fabricated off of existing plans and historic photos. They are nearly impossible to find.

jmcquate

Contributor
What's the story with the Museum? I know the opening was mid June. Looking forward to wandering over during lunch when this nonsense is over.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
What's the story with the Museum? I know the opening was mid June. Looking forward to wandering over during lunch when this nonsense is over.
It has been COVIDNATED....the parades and grand opening simply won’t happen now and one day it will just open. That day is yet to be determined.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
At the National Museum of the US Army ours were fabricated off of existing plans and historic photos. They are nearly impossible to find.
Awesome. Someday we may reach out for some guidance on how they went about that.