• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
For all the local people, especially the Pagistanians, “Washington Executive,” Hyde Field has declared bankruptcy and is up for sale. Sadly, the county says it can hold up to 1500 homes or a shopping mall. The area is kind of on the edge of open space and urban space and will be a loss.

Worse...for me...if it goes to homes people will buy them and suddenly become “aware” that my airfield is nearby and demand it be closed.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
For all the local people, especially the Pagistanians, “Washington Executive,” Hyde Field has declared bankruptcy and is up for sale. Sadly, the county says it can hold up to 1500 homes or a shopping mall. The area is kind of on the edge of open space and urban space and will be a loss.

Worse...for me...if it goes to homes people will buy them and suddenly become “aware” that my airfield is nearby and demand it be closed.

Pre-preemptive strike! How many runway denial munitions can you hang on that aircraft?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
a little short field, soft field instruction in the bug smasher this morning. a beautiful morning here in Ohio, 70° a little overcast and great visibility to one of the best general aviation airports you will ever come across - 40I.

View attachment 27012
"Is this heaven?" A well manicured turf runway is a tail wheel pilot's dream. I have never known the joy.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
"Is this heaven?" A well manicured turf runway is a tail wheel pilot's dream. I have never known the joy.
I do it in all the Cessna singles - 206, 182, 172. And it is a great place to shut down, buy a coke, talk flying with folks, etc. The runway is well cared for - rolled and mowed regularly, and good drainage.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Plenty of dirt around here. Have yet to find a grass strip

Wouldn't that be because you living in....I don't know....a desert would it????

I've never seen any grass strips around Vegas either...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Landed on grass myself today, the bounce was.......epic.

It's funny, with skids, grass is my favorite because it's so forgiving. I can land much quicker (or at least put one skid down quicker, then check for slope) on grass. Metal and concrete are way more bouncy, if you don't do your part.