• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I had my first epic fail of the flying season. I bought a new flying machine for the Grizlandia forces (well, used, but new to me) and attempted a cross country to get it home. On day one it hit 125 in the cockpit so I had to land very early. On day two I ran into a wall of high winds, and then thunderstorms that stayed around long enough to blow my schedule. So, I had to leave it and head home.? Now I guess I’ll try a series of weekend hops to move it closer in phases.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had my first epic fail of the flying season. I bought a new flying machine for the Grizlandia forces (well, used, but new to me) and attempted a cross country to get it home. On day one it hit 125 in the cockpit so I had to land very early. On day two I ran into a wall of high winds, and then thunderstorms that stayed around long enough to blow my schedule. So, I had to leave it and head home.? Now I guess I’ll try a series of weekend hops to move it closer in phases.
Bummer. What type of aircraft was added to the Grizlandia order of battle? How far did you get?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Bummer. What type of aircraft was added to the Grizlandia order of battle? How far did you get?
Long story. The Eva Perone of Grizlandia...Mrs. Griz...couldn’t stand flying in the LSA. Did it once and never again. So, I started hunting for a wife friendly aircraft. Now, the wife hates to fly. She finds the Airbus A380 “scary.” I wanted a C-170 and took her for a ride in a tail-dragged and the impact was worse...she was convinced the prop was going to bury itself into the ground as soon as the tail went up. We tried a 182 but I didn’t like it and they sell very fast right now. We had several long conversations discussing various small aircraft she had been in and she noted one thing that didn’t scare her at all...in fact, she liked it a lot....so I bought this!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Long story. The Eva Perone of Grizlandia...Mrs. Griz...couldn’t stand flying in the LSA. Did it once and never again. So, I started hunting for a wife friendly aircraft. Now, the wife hates to fly. She finds the Airbus A380 “scary.” I wanted a C-170 and took her for a ride in a tail-dragged and the impact was worse...she was convinced the prop was going to bury itself into the ground as soon as the tail went up. We tried a 182 but I didn’t like it and they sell very fast right now. We had several long conversations discussing various small aircraft she had been in and she noted one thing that didn’t scare her at all...in fact, she liked it a lot....so I bought this!

View attachment 30919
YOU BOUGHT A F-5 ?? .

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow, neat purchase. I know nothing really about the Enstrom, other than there are a bunch of them out there and a lot are used for advanced flight training/checkouts. You'll have to show us a panel pic the next time you have the chance.