• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Anybody know which watch Joe Dirt wears?

I think it would be cool to own [and wear] a Joe Dirt watch.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This L-19 in the Airbase AZ CAF museum now makes me think of @ChuckMK23 . Although it sports the Third Task Force Sub Hunters squadron logo, it could not have served in that unit during WWII. It is a mid '50s build restored as a L-19 CAP aircraft. Still, hundreds of L-19s served with the CAP. And the WWII submarine hunting mission of the CAP gets little recognition. Imagine a Stinson 108 with a 250lb bomb MacGyvered to the belly or a Grumman Widgen armed with a couple depth charges, looking like a spunky little brother to the Catalina.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This L-19 in the Airbase AZ CAF museum now makes me think of @ChuckMK23 . Although it sports the Third Task Force Sub Hunters squadron logo, it could not have served in that unit during WWII. It is a mid '50s build restored as a L-19 CAP aircraft. Still, hundreds of L-19s served with the CAP. And the WWII submarine hunting mission of the CAP gets little recognition. Imagine a Stinson 108 with a 250lb bomb MacGyvered to the belly or a Grumman Widgen armed with a couple depth charges, looking like a spunky little brother to the Catalina.

View attachment 30797

View attachment 30798
CAP had an authorized war service ribbon for WWII and does have official campaign credit for their U-Boat patrols. In 2014 the government created a new medal for CAP veterans of the war.

HuggyU2

None
Caption:
"Wow! All of that shit I'm pointing at... why are you wearing it? You're flying over a desert, not the Indian Ocean. OBTW, that harness really makes your junk stick out! Is that comfortable?

Just FYI, we wouldn't normally be wearing these masks on a "survival scenario", but we need to virtue signal. How's your broken wrist?"

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
CAP had an authorized war service ribbon for WWII and does have official campaign credit for their U-Boat patrols. In 2014 the government created a new medal for CAP veterans of the war.

View attachment 30799
Photo from Wednesday (19 May) - exercise with OH ANG F-16's (180th FW in Toledo) and CAP Ohio Wing C182's (aircraft and crews from Columbus and Akron). CAP aircraft were playing low/slow threat for section of F-16s. We call the exercise FERTILE KEYNOTE. Usually a good time because the F-16's are usually crewed with pilots fresh out of UPT and FTU. Speed brakes out as the F-16 intercepts the mighty Turbo C-182 at 130 KIAS :)

Last edited: