• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Pags

N/A
pilot
Flat warm beer? Not surprised that the Grizlandians are in a state of unrest.
The great people of Pagsistan don't know what flat warm beer is. The peoples' beer is always frosty cold and effervescent and they have big fancy ice cubes in their bourbons. And maybe a potato gun development program to shoot down the grizzlandian air pirates as they besmirch the still and quiet air of the Third Baron of Baltimore's County.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The great people of Pagsistan don't know what flat warm beer is. The peoples' beer is always frosty cold and effervescent and they have big fancy ice cubes in their bourbons. And maybe a potato gun development program to shoot down the grizzlandian air pirates as they besmirch the still and quiet air of the Third Baron of Baltimore's County.
I’ll find your address and hover over your freshly laid mulch causing much consternation and sadness for the oppressed people of Pagistan!

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Seriously, we need a A-Dub Fly In GTG - to Pagastan or Grizzland. I can fly @mad dog in a mighty Cessna and rehack his ASEL currency in the process.
Good idea. Grizlandian forces maintain an aviation outpost (KVKX) in the heart of Pagastan but the forces of darkness make it hard to fly there. There is a good diner at KEZF (Shannon, Fredericksburg VA) and quite a few in the coastal domains of Maryland. If we wanted to attract @IKE maybe we could do 2W6 (St. Mary’s County) and have @Pags bring a school bus to get us to a food and drink center. If we wanted to create a real stir, we could all descend on KTGI (Tangier Island) like it was our own carrier!

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Late posting from my TDY trip to Burlington, Vermont. 11 hours round trip of flight time from WPAFB to KBTV in a C182. Plus another 10 hours of flight time on mountain flying course while enjoying the sights and food & beverage options of Burlington and UVM. I know a lot of your airline dudes go into KBTV - great spot for a layover.

On arrival, parked next to a bunch of plopters from VMMT-204 who also had the same idea for a TDY training location:

We had 3 go's per day the entire week we were there - lots of great mountain flying! A number of recently retired C-130 dudes getting their first taste of GA

Precip, turbulence, and mountain obscuration flying into remote turf runways - fun times:

Nice welcome from The Green Mountain Boys - who just transitioned to F-35A's. They have a dedicated range area just east of KBTV that they love to strafe.

CBP C206 with SATCOM and all sorts of cool avionics based there:

Return flight to home field, pretty much solid IMC - working my way through precip. Center was actually very helpful with real time deviations around heavier precip and also the NEXRAD in cockpit wx was 3 minutes old and "good enough" to fly through non-convective stationary front driven heavy to moderate precip.

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Good idea. Grizlandian forces maintain an aviation outpost (KVKX) in the heart of Pagastan but the forces of darkness make it hard to fly there. There is a good diner at KEZF (Shannon, Fredericksburg VA) and quite a few in the coastal domains of Maryland. If we wanted to attract @IKE maybe we could do 2W6 (St. Mary’s County) and have @Pags bring a school bus to get us to a food and drink center. If we wanted to create a real stir, we could all descend on KTGI (Tangier Island) like it was our own carrier!
With the great unmasking, it might be time to see if out-n-ins are allowed again...or I could leave the 2P in the spinning helo while I eat leisurely.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I took an H-60 into KTGI once to get some crab cakes. Good times and thank God I didn't shear the starter or the Skipper would've killed me.