• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Racism in the Military

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In lieu of this, I think it's poor form to post hiking pictures on social media. But apparently I'm way off base there.
I woke up at 0430 to get in some sunrise photography over Emerald Bay, then mountain biked all over creation... and had two more beers. Hope that doesn’t spoil your opinion of me. I had about 50 of my former Sailors like my pics from yesterday on FB, in case you need to calibrate your form meter. Sometimes it’s better to just take a knee there, sport.

FinkUFreaky

pilot
I don't think that anything that anyone says to this person or any type of training is going to change his beliefs. The only thing he'll do is be more carefully on the internet, but guaranteed his thought process will impact his subordinates.

Didn't he have to write some personal statement(s) that should include a discussion of the services core values? If so how do we reconcile that essay with his tweets?

He might mature over time, but shouldn't be able to do that in the military.
I agree completely. The right thing, both morally and optically is likely to boot him, and quickly. I don't see that attitude changing with training, nor do I see him being an effective leader in the future. That ship has sailed.

I'm also glad I didn't grow up in the age where everyone has to post everything on social media. While I don't believe I've said anything as callous as this dipshit, when I was in my teens and maybe even early twenties, I've said stuff that I'm sure would horrify me now (from the extent of if it made it in the media, everyone would automatically assume the 34 YO me is the same person). I also wasn't Academy material haha. And this isn't stuff this guy posted back in high school and just got dredged up.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I'm also glad I didn't grow up in the age where everyone has to post everything on social media. While I don't believe I've said anything as callous as this dipshit, when I was in my teens and maybe even early twenties, I've said stuff that I'm sure would horrify me now (from the extent of if it made it in the media, everyone would automatically assume the 34 YO me is the same person). I also wasn't Academy material haha. And this isn't stuff this guy posted back in high school and just got dredged up.
Yeah. In a few years I'm going to have to help teenagers navigate a world where everything they do can be recorded, and everything they post on FB/twitter/IG/whatever will last forever. Even snapchat pics.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I woke up at 0430 to get in some sunrise photography over Emerald Bay, then mountain biked all over creation... and had two more beers. Hope that doesn’t spoil your opinion of me. I had about 50 of my former Sailors like my pics from yesterday on FB, in case you need to calibrate your form meter. Sometimes it’s better to just take a knee there, sport.
I think that you took my statement as sarcastic when none was intended. I got the point.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Confirm first beers at 0430? To be fair, it was 1600 in Kabul :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Honestly, if I were CNO for a day, I'd not only shitcan the officer photo, but redact all names from the records before they're briefed. Make everyone just a social security number/DOD ID. If race and gender shouldn't matter, get rid of them completely. If you passed your PRT and PHA, why does it matter what you look like? World-class symphony orchestras audition their members behind a screen, and so does the DC Marine Band. Because what matters isn't anything but who the most talented musician is. So why don't we brief records "behind a screen," so to speak?
Ding ding ding . . . look at that. I didn't even need to be CNO for a day. Now redact the names, so you can't sea-daddy people as a board member . . .

johnboyA6E

None
That mid is probably going to be in a lot of trouble.

on a related note, an incoming Plebe was just un-appointed by USNA for racist tweets

https://www.usna.edu/NewsCenter/2020/06/STATEMENT_BY_THE_U.S._NAVAL_ACADEMYS_DEAN_OF_ADMISSIONS1.php

exNavyOffRec

on a related note, an incoming Plebe was just un-appointed by USNA for racist tweets

https://www.usna.edu/NewsCenter/2020/06/STATEMENT_BY_THE_U.S._NAVAL_ACADEMYS_DEAN_OF_ADMISSIONS1.php

what a dumbass move, of course better to weed him out now than have him in the fleet.