• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Racism in the Military

Treetop Flyer

pilot
It would be nice to see if there is video from the initial contact, if their only description was a tall black male then they are just randomly picking people and IMO racial profiling, if the description was a tall black slender male wearing a red shirt and gray pants, then that is pretty descriptive, and it if was me that had that description I would explain that that is the description we have and you fit the description. They also said on the video the person they were looking for had a warrant, so they had to have had a name of the individual been looked for, asking for ID to eliminate him had he fit a specific description should not have been an issue.

What gets me is that they teach deescalation tactics to all LE, neither side utilized their training, and the actions continued to escalate the situation.

well, turns out the guy was not actually and FBI agent according to Reuters.

Wait he wasn’t an FBI agent? Poor Brett is still going though. Good Lord.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's review...
  • The guy getting harassed and illegally detained and cuffed should have been the one to deescalate.
  • The guy getting harassed and illegally detained and cuffed should have told them he was an FBI agent.
  • The guy getting harassed and illegally detained and cuffed should have used more polite language in the presence of the police.
  • The guy getting harassed and illegally detained and cuffed shouldn't have tried to teach these corrupt cops a lesson by exposing their corruption.
Did I miss any of the nuance in your post?
What you describe as harassed and detained is called police work when it is stripped of pejorative. It all depends on what they really knew about the suspect. Let's find out before we beat each other up over an elusive rhetorical. We already know a key fact was wrong. Social media, who could have thought?

exNavyOffRec

How does this change anything? Whether he was an LEO or an EMT, the point is that he was black and male.

It looks like I was posting the same time you did, it really doesn't as far as what I said. I was wondering though as professional as FBI agents are why an FBI agent would not take the higher road and file a complaint later, now I know.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Confirming my original take, you're living in a bubble, and you're part of the problem.
Love you too :). Beers. We need beers so you can tell me what I am missing in my bubble. Until then, this video deserves no more discussion. It was posted as propaganda purposely deceiving. What else is deceiving about it? It isn't even the weekend. You guys want to fight over a bogus video? Life is too short. You could be hit over the head with a looted TV tomorrow or beat up by a racist cop tonight. Give it a rest.

SlickAg

pilot
Never let a minor internet inconsistency stand in the way of your white privilege...
You just proved my point for me.

Also, how dare you assume my race.

Edit: (what you said to me is ironic considering the thread of the title. I’m not sure that we’re supposed to go around here deciding who checks what demographic boxes on surveys and the like. I certainly wouldn’t want to impede your First Amendment rights, but I would encourage you to use caution tossing around terms like that.)

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
The fact that so many of you are making excuses for these cops who got it wrong and roughed up the wrong guy is telling. You’re part of the problem.
Maybe the bigger problem is trying to editorialize without fully understanding the situation. Starting with some faulty background information and not all the pertinent facts of the story.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The fact that so many of you are making excuses for these cops who got it wrong and roughed up the wrong guy is telling. You’re part of the problem.
Cops get shit wrong ALL THE TIME!!! What is important is whether or not they were following the rules in the process. The police are allowed to make honest mistakes. They are not perfect. What sort of information they had on the suspect determines whether they were wrong. We don't know what they knew.

If you think that guy got roughed up, we definitely need those beers. You tell me what I am missing in my bubble and I will tell you what you don't know about police work, like why what they did in terms of hands on conduct is absolutely defensible.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe the bigger problem is trying to editorialize without fully understanding the situation. Starting with some faulty background information and not all the pertinent facts of the story.
By saying this, you are, again, taking the side of the cops, who we already know had the wrong guy. They’ve already made a serious, potentially life threatening error in judgment, and yet you reflexively give them the benefit of the doubt. This is the exact problem of bias that I am highlighting.