• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
When is @mad dog getting a Peloton?
Someone should invent the peloton version of a skateboard. You stand on the side of a treadmill, one foot on the part that doesn't move and the other foot pushing off on the belt. This treadmill would have to have fast acting servos for incline and tilt. Hmmm.

Maybe there could be a California 'Rona version where your skate park got filled in by dump trucks full of sand. You stand still on the treadmill, nothing moves, and you just stare at the screen.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Someone should invent the peloton version of a skateboard. You stand on the side of a treadmill, one foot on the part that doesn't move and the other foot pushing off on the belt. This treadmill would have to have fast acting servos for incline and tilt. Hmmm.

Maybe there could be a California 'Rona version where your skate park got filled in by dump trucks full of sand. You stand still on the treadmill, nothing moves, and you just stare at the screen.
They do have something like this for skiing and snowboarding. I'll need to locate a video, but there out there.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Although there are a few small items left, the renovation of the other half of the basement into a gym is complete. The area of black mats is roughly 16'x18' although the furnace, water heater and water softener take a chunk of it. Storage is at the very back and covered with a flag. The matting is interlocking double density foam and vinyl wood planking is inexpensively glued to the upper half of the walls with drywall on the bottom. Flat black paint for trim and shelves while stained wood for the crawlspace / under stairs storage doors. Was able to cover 1 PVC pipe with 1/4" manilla rope (easy to do but time consuming) - will eventually do the one in the back.

Half power rack for bench and squats with assorted attachments, dedicated heavy duty deadlift bar with deep knurling for a better grip, Roman chair with curl attachment, dip / pullup bar (not in the photos), elliptical machine and stationary bike - with a 43" TV to watch Drachifinel historical naval videos while riding - or in this case, some music videos. (waiting for the shelf attachment under the TV for the BluRay player / streaming device to arrive.) Finally, some prints of different places around the globe we have been to: Innsbruck, Palma, Sydney, Melbourne, etc...

And that should be it for projects for a while...

View attachment 31228

View attachment 31229

View attachment 31231

There was one last project. Earlier this year, my wife unexpectedly but delightfully told me to clear the spare bedroom, paint it blue and reassemble the crib…. Happy to report Mom and Randy Jr are doing well, daughter is pleased to be big sis. Anybody have a recommendation on minivans…

Last edited:

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
Last I looked, Honda or Toyota had the best minivan, but my wife refused, so we have a VW Atlas - it's great.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If you can wait a year or so VW is coming out with their new (all electric) VW Bus. It looks genuinely great.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Congrats.

Son just bought the Honda. Really likes it. I haven't driven it yet myself.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
so we have a VW
If you can wait a year or so VW
RepentantHonoredCoyote-size_restricted.gif