• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Pags

N/A
pilot
There was one last project. Earlier this year, my wife unexpectedly but delightfully told me to clear the spare bedroom, paint it blue and reassemble the crib…. Happy to report Mom and Randy Jr are doing well, daughter is pleased to be big sis. Anybody have a recommendation on minivans…

View attachment 33080
Dave Grohl of Nirvana and the Foo Fighters is a Honda Odyssey man. Can't go wrong with that gen-x, grunge endorsement.

OscarMyers

None
There was one last project. Earlier this year, my wife unexpectedly but delightfully told me to clear the spare bedroom, paint it blue and reassemble the crib…. Happy to report Mom and Randy Jr are doing well, daughter is pleased to be big sis. Anybody have a recommendation on minivans…

View attachment 33080
Congrats! Stay away from the Chrysler Town and Country. We have a 2015 and it has so many "known issues" that were never recalled. Sliding door sensor failed ($1200 pain in the ass repair) Flex plate cracked with 80k miles. Hood corrosion bubbled through paint (conveniently a month outside warranty....). DVD screen ribbon cable failed. These are all super common issues that I've found tons of T&C owners online have had that were never addressed by Chrysler. I'll never buy another Chrysler product.

exNavyOffRec

Congrats! Stay away from the Chrysler Town and Country. We have a 2015 and it has so many "known issues" that were never recalled. Sliding door sensor failed ($1200 pain in the ass repair) Flex plate cracked with 80k miles. Hood corrosion bubbled through paint (conveniently a month outside warranty....). DVD screen ribbon cable failed. These are all super common issues that I've found tons of T&C owners online have had that were never addressed by Chrysler. I'll never buy another Chrysler product.
I have heard the 2015 Tartan Prancer has issues as well, however I would like to have GPS voice for an "angry North Korean" and install it in my wife's car.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I’m deeply disturbed that’s there’s Naval Aviators discussing minivans. If it isn’t completely impractical, then you shouldn’t be driving it.
There's no better way for 1 DD to cart six drunks around than a minivan. We had one for a det vehicle in Bahrain and it* was the best bar hopping vehicle.

*It was not singular as we went through several due to "issues," like maybe a sliding door being ripped off. Fun fact: if the door doesn't close then you get the door chime ALL the way across the kingdom.

Duc'-guy25

pilot
There's no better way for 1 DD to cart six drunks around than a minivan. We had one for a det vehicle in Bahrain and it* was the best bar hopping vehicle.

*It was not singular as we went through several due to "issues," like maybe a sliding door being ripped off. Fun fact: if the door doesn't close then you get the door chime ALL the way across the kingdom.

Life Hack: If your vehicle is completely impractical, you’re never the DD.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator

Just finished setting Jr up with both NFCU and USAA accounts and memberships - have to redo my will and also my Reserve Component Survivor Benefit Plan (wife and children up to 18 get 55% of my military retirement). As a reminder, make sure you have a will - just spoke to 2 friends, neither of which has a will.

As for the minivan, my wife wants a Toyota Sienna. I hear it is the Cadillac of minivans…

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As a reminder, make sure you have a will - just spoke to 2 friends, neither of which has a will.
This! Of all the firefighters killed on 9/11, barely 10% had wills. That is a shocking stat. It was motivation for Will for Heros to go nationwide, a fine organization Mrs Wink and I have volunteered for. She helps with the wills and I witness for the notary public. Gitter dun, and keep them updated.

GroundPounder

This! Of all the firefighters killed on 9/11, barely 10% had wills. That is a shocking stat. It was motivation for Will for Heros to go nationwide, a fine organization Mrs Wink and I have volunteered for. She helps with the wills and I witness for the notary public. Gitter dun, and keep them updated.

After 911, there was a big push on with my agency to review
willls and survivor benefits. There were quite a few that still had ex wives listed. The last two people we lost with LOD deaths had incredibly F’ed up paperwork that resulted in the wrong people getting paid.

We can’t review it, so we can’t intervene other that to keep trying to educate our folks.

exNavyOffRec

If a person without a will dies and is married doesn't everything go to the spouse assuming someone doesn't try to say they deserve money from the person who died?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If a person without a will dies and is married doesn't everything go to the spouse assuming someone doesn't try to say they deserve money from the person who died?
Not a lawyer and I am sure it varies a bit by state. But I do know that while what you say is true in my state, you still have to go through probate. That is a hassle and can be expensive. It is worth the cost of a simple Legal Zoom will for a young married couple to avoid probate. Of course, wills are free for the military through the Legal Services Office.

exNavyOffRec

Not a lawyer and I am sure it varies a bit by state. But I do know that while what you say is true in my state, you still have to go through probate. That is a hassle and can be expensive. It is worth the cost of a simple Legal Zoom will for a young married couple to avoid probate. Of course, wills are free for the military through the Legal Services Office.
I did one years ago, and to be honest I have no idea where it is, I should probably do another.